version 1.126 + 1.127

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.
Savra

Re: version 1.126 + 1.127

Post by Savra »

You might need to start a new topic on this subject then, this topic is ment for just game development only and not game issues.

Anyways, magic missiles will lose their bonus to buildings plus buildings will get a major buff in stats, undead will eventually get money couriers to speed up production as well.

Elves dodge is only their to account for their lack of health upgrades and they take a while to get as well as all their other upgrades in comparison to other races (scaledfolk will work in a similar manner of I'm not mistaken) though it is true they can cover a lot of ground, the problem you had with dwarves is that they are slow to build up their forces, structures, and techs and don't have the necessary addictions to make them completed enough to face off against elves. Other races however do have ways to compensate for such problems.

For example humans specialty I believe was their cavalry plus combine that with their catapults with aoe and you can stand a rare chance against elves (elves lack aoe units)

Orcs just need to overpower the elves and players could make use of minitours to get close and deal lots of damage, same goes for savage clan units. You can already speed up their production with goblin scavengers.

Undead focus on their spells and abilities it seems, especially reanimation and isn't exactly complete with that specialty just yet. Using death knights, shielders, and crushers could get you somewhere with lichs backing them up and firing magic missiles at 7 rng at the elves.

The glade guardian actually loses his dodges when using his ability as well as loses some attack and speed so his base stance would be the combat form while the raised shield ability is just ment to hold off enemies for a while longer, but it doesn't do so well when fighting units that have high attack and bonus to such units. I think the phantom crushed still has theirs. That's just how I dealt with them though.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Mounted elves will keep dodges but they will not drop their riders as we planned initially on death.

Magic missle later will completely loose its bonuses to anything and will just deal raw 10 damage to all units/buildings.
Alas their blade singer will get a replacement ability that will have bonuses against buildings, indeed.

Dwarves later will get unique to their race factory building (though it will not be limited) that will speed up production of other factories in range 1.

As mentioned above by savra, buildings later, when everything will be ready (mainly runes and siege for dwarves, crystals rebalance for humans, other mounted units for elves (yes they will get more mounted units but do not be afraid - they'll be balanced well) and all those skeleton monsters for undeads as well as updating magic abilities according to new spell power) will get major overhaul and will become much more tough.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

to be published version is uos already.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Did elves really became this OP, LOL
Last time I checked, they were still getting destroyed by light cavalries.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

As you already mentioned there is no use to compare elves with dwarves (also I hope that @Stratego (dev) will soon code the ignore armor effect to replace powerbase increase (that is op the way it is and will just become a effect for spells)

As @makazuwr32 already mentioned elves will retain dodges but wil die regularly in their mounted forms so they will mostly compare to other mounted units (elves gets +1 speed at base, dodges but on average they loose in terms of attack, hp and armor).

Also remember that the mounted units can easily be countered by using cheap spear users and that the mounting ability makes the unit cost 1 point more than a mounted unit that is produced regularly (e.g. a kinight costs 4 turns, a swordsman costs 2 and a unicorn costs 3 so in the end if you go for mounting you spend 5 turns for the same units but can have it in 3 turns when you employ 2 factories at once).
Age of Fantasy design leader
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

I didn't compare dwarfs to elves, I wanted to show that dwarf units with 9-10 ranged armor are useless against a bunch of elven archers.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

that is a known issue anyway. I suggest we return ot on topic though
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”