version 1.175

In this forum I post the changes on the DEVELOPER version of the game.
These versions are (at the time i post them) not yet published to google play, only registered testers can download it and test it before publishing.
Anchar

Re: version 1.175

Post by Anchar »

makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:08 am
Anchar wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:33 am
DreJaDe wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:18 am To be honest though... That analogy is indeed bad...

If the example is unsuccessful, then give me examples in which universes do dwarves have priests and what kind of faith? Dwarves are always more like atheists as they are closer to science and technology.Yes, they have magic, but only as a science. Their only version of the faith is the Viking version of the faith, which does not have white-robed priests with healing.

If it’s a human being about dragons and drakes, then it’s possible, from the point of view of common lores, that it’s really unsuccessful. However, against the backdrop of a whole race of dragons and lizards, this looks strange.
Who said that dwarves have viking version of faith?
Viking version of faith will fit more for orcs due to being very savage and barbarian.

As for dwarves — they might have a faith based on mix of Christian religion and taoism (for example).

Another example of universe is "Heroes of Might and Magic 5".
That world has multiple dragon gods and dwarves as exceptional blacksmiths have faith in dragon god of fire. With white robed rune patriarchs as well.

As for dragons — IF scalefolks had 1-2 dragons in plans than it actually was a possibility. But since scalefolks will have a bit more than 2 dragons (for now around 10 at base and more in subs) it is not crucial to remove dragons from other races. Especially since dragons also have big differences.
(Also removal of all dragons analogy is not right example since for orcs i want unique type of unit — jumping cavalry — while in case of dragons and scalefolks it is a whole race and removal of dragons would be more correct to compare with for example removal of all archers from all non-elven races or all ships from non-human races as class or all summons from non-undead races.)

As for taming of humans — dinosaur-like drake is a completely different being from "animals" and is predator for humans. Humans tame as mounts in most cases either herbivores (horses, elephants for example), intelligent animals (gryphons, drakes and imperial dragons) or elemental beings (upcoming leviathan). Not man-eating dinosaurs.
The Viking version suits them as a faith because of the widespread belief that the Vikings believed in runes, and this is sort of one of their origins, as far as I understand? I think there is a difference between Scandinavian RUNES and Asian HIEROGLYPHS? Although it may be similar in essence, in any case, neither one nor the other had anyone like Catholic priests.

I googled the dwarf priest from Heroes of Might and Magic 5, their whole appearance again resembles Vikings or mages, not Catholic priests, or I did not find them, which indicates their popularity. The religion of the Vikings is not a barbarian tribal, but just the same belief in runes and the ability to get to Valhalla for military exploits, it is of course similar because of sacrifices, but not the same as far as I understand. Another version of their religion is the Celtic religion, which also has runes, but there is no single deity, much less a bright healing. Worship goes to nature, making this aspect more suitable for various druids.Also, I don't remember that in Catholicism or Christianity something was based on runes. Taoism is actually a Chinese doctrine.

As for dragons, I am also against removing them. You never said directly about the plans to add a jump-based sub-race to the orcs. In any case, no one wrote that dinosaurs of people would be predators, not herbivores (there were herbivorous species among the dinosaurs), and also that they were dinosaurs, and not a mixture of any sled birds. I think nothing prevents me from giving a small analogue for a human by analogy with dragons.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:48 pm Ne wversion uos already.

changes
- i have updated > 2000 unit files to set proper to_zomie transformation (after being infected)
- i have set several warfell changes (removed units to mapeditor, and updated existing unit stats)

please check and tell me if i need to tune something else.

thanks!
wait, i just see i forgot to publish this version - Makaw, Savra, can i publish this version? (for "quick" fixing most of the warfell problems)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

yes, please.

I was hoping to add some other fixes fast enough but was too busy in real life.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

also the new targeting system i good here too? (about planes in TC in AOW, so if a unit has restricted targets so was not able to attack a plane unit in a TC - but after the change normal attack sign will only show if first unit is tartgetable in TC, so eg. you can not attack a TC with a plane in it with a tank, only with an AA unit)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:21 pm also the new targeting system i good here too? (about planes in TC in AOW, so if a unit has restricted targets so was not able to attack a plane unit in a TC - but after the change normal attack sign will only show if first unit is tartgetable in TC, so eg. you can not attack a TC with a plane in it with a tank, only with an AA unit)
yes that is fine.
mostly aof will not have such target restrisctions for non-mechanical units alas in near future - only for battering rams to be able to attack buildings only, for some ships to attack ships and water buildings only and for dwarven copters to attack flyers only.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok fix is out with "v1.1743" subversion.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i made a few mistakes to last version: "1.1746"
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

a new fix is uos already: the bastion production.
tell me if it is ok and i can publish - thanks!

also u see any other things to quick fix?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:25 am a new fix is uos already: the bastion production.
tell me if it is ok and i can publish - thanks!

also u see any other things to quick fix?
You can release this version.
Everything else to fix requires some extra time to plan and than to fix.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, to be published version is uos 5

changes:
Fix:Bastion production is fixed
Fix:in All techs game Undead will not have these techs by default: animate dead armored, golden, improved, superior,animation mastery
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

fix is out with code:
version 1.1747 is published
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

I have just migraded all my work into a new laptop and tried to make a new build of AOF.

it is uos already, please feedback me if it is working fine or not! thanks!

version should be "1.1746x" in version log (with a "x"on the end)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

new version uos already:
fix: Stealth units again attackable in TC-s

please tell me if works fine for you so i can publish the fix.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

new unit:
Gully Dwarf

uos 5

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”