Analyze in maps.

Put here any ideas, suggestions about existing maps, or new maps.
Morningwarrior

Analyze in maps.

Post by Morningwarrior »

some maps have difficulty, number of turns for 3 or 2 stars, number of units, TC etc. It is necessary to further analyze the maps of the game, as some are impossible or impossible to acquire 3 or 2 stars. Some maps are: median campaigns (some), difficult campaigns (half I think), and hungary history on the first map we have a limit of creating some units, but enemies have full access to game troops, and very unbalanced, please review the maps.
I swore to protect and lead a great order that seeks enlightenment, I was chosen by the great star and I will pour out his fury against anyone who declares himself an enemy!
Endru1241

Re: Analyze in maps.

Post by Endru1241 »

Most campaigns have their topic in "Campaign map discussions" subforum. When You find a map were You think getting 3 stars is impossible - write about it there. Turn limits are in most cases set by map creator and it's him, that knows most about the map. There is few maps where I couldn't get 3 stars until I found out defeating enemy is not the target and going to trigger area makes one win much faster.

I some map doesn't have topic, then create one for it. Just for specific map.

Global revision of something (maps in this case) takes tremendous amount of time. There is not much to achieve by it (effect/time), so it's hard to find someone to do it.

History of Hungary: maps in this campaign are really easy for rush strategy (at least first few), just becomes progressively harder and more boring to do.

AI being able to build units despite limit on the other hand is separate issue.
I personally have taken notice of few similar things in Newbie hardships.
Unfortunately it requires engine change.
Age of Strategy design leader
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

AI building fortresses made History of Hungary maps more tedious and boring.
OLÉ
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

We really need an ai difficulty with default units only
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Easy AI already exist.
OLÉ
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Easy AI is not really much easier, than hard one.
It only doesn't upgrade units!
It normally has access to all upgrades, unlike new players.
It really makes some "should be easy" maps almost impossible, until buying some upgrades.
Also, all campaigns use hard AI.
It's one of the problems I listed in Newbie Hardships.

P.S. It turned as some blatant self-promotion - second time in the same day I use the same link.
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

the only way i know is to use triggers to directly make ai only have access to default units, in which case it would b upto map creator to fix the difficulty himself, and most new map creators dont even know which triggers to use to make it work
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I thought production triggers didn't effect ai?
OLÉ
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Seriously? Then I got nothing

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

IMHO most of the negative reviews in Google play right now are that ai uses gem units that new players can't counter and many quit because of it

So I think that making an ai mode with only default units should b high priority right now (selecting this mode will b after all up to the player in skirmish maps and map makers in campaigns in case the map maker wants to make it for noob players but still gives ai some factories, like the first few maps in campaign ai uses default units and later on wen player buys more upgrades the ai will use upgrade units to make it more challenging etc.)

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Production triggers can affect ai. Tested in aof and i was able to give for orcish ai to enable production of liches and elven blade dancers among with only orcish warriors, orcish shielders and orcish 2h warriors.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Maps, campaigns”