New trigger condition

Put here any ideas, suggestions about existing maps, or new maps.
Sunrise Samurai

New trigger condition

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Conditions met for x turns

Sample use would be for a "king of the hill" game. Put one tc in the middle, with a trigger to declare victory for each player under these conditions: "object owned by player #" and "other conditions met for x turns"
The glorious sun rises again
godOfKings

Re: New trigger condition

Post by godOfKings »

I believe it can already b done with countdowns, for example on first turn trigger with countdown is disabled, if object is owned then trigger is enabled and countdown starts, if before countdown is complete the object is owned by a different player then trigger is disabled again, and the trigger for countdown of that player is now enabled, I believe if a trigger with countdown is first disabled then enabled the counter will start from 1 again
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

No. A countdown doesn't work. If a countdown is used, it can't be reactivated later. It always goes off one turn after reactivation if the countdown would be elapsed. This would be a more variable timer, and could greatly simplify repeating events. For example, 2 triggers that activate each other and are on a 3 turn timer to spawn 3 swordsmen for one and 3 archers for the other would be a steady stream of reinforcements for the whole game with only 2 triggers. Currently, you have to set triggers for every instance up to a turn number you no longer expect the game to continue.
The glorious sun rises again
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

So shall i make a reinitialize a specific countdown feature?

Return to “Maps, campaigns”