Add moves to pass on 3 ★

Put here any ideas, suggestions about existing maps, or new maps.
danilov2012

Add moves to pass on 3 ★

Post by danilov2012 »

In some missions impossible to pass over a given amount of turns 3 ★. For example campaign Maximus, the first mission in 35 moves I can not pass or card game fans, the mission Defense of the Border, in 10 moves here just do not get through. And yet there are some cards with the same problem))) I hope, consider this idea.
TheBluePhoenix

Re: Add moves to pass on 3 ★

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I agree that it is impossible to get a 3 star on the maximus map. Its high time someone changes its turn limits. I will try to edit and email to dev
Any other maps??
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Bait taken from Ambition campaign.
If anyone disagrees - please discuss it here: http://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic. ... e6e2b15401
Paths of the Death from Nyadhos Strategy - (I know it is supposedly doable, but if knowledge of enemy unit placement is needed to clear 3 stars, then just freaking remove fog of war)
From Fan Maps:
Mega Arena by Deptusi - a little too big map to capture everything in time.
Also I would take a closer look at Strategic 1 by Dylan, Strategic 2, and event maps (July 4th, Christmas, Easter) - some things changed (range of catapult and catapult ship, burning from fortress etc. ) and maps probably stayed the same.
TheBluePhoenix wrote:I agree that it is impossible to get a 3 star on the maximus map.
You mean betrayal or next maps?
Age of Strategy design leader
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Yeah the betrayel map . Rest are quite easy to complete within given limits
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I will look into these maps you suggested endru.

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Betrayal is actually barely doable - but only with heavy dependence on AI weird behavior and a little luck with conversion, as posted by ttim42 - http://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic. ... 5401#p9752.
Still, I believe it could be changed somehow.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

He has clearly written that if the nearest tcs are not captured then the turn limit cannot be acheived. And this is possible only with luck and i am against depending only on luck to win.

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Endru1241 wrote:Paths of the Death from Nyadhos Strategy - (I know it is supposedly doable, but if knowledge of enemy unit placement is needed to clear 3 stars, then just freaking remove fog of war)
:twisted: What's wrong with that? You don't like replay value? :P
TheBluePhoenix wrote:He has clearly written that if the nearest tcs are not captured then the turn limit cannot be acheived. And this is possible only with luck and i am against depending only on luck to win.

All maps using catapults, Healers, or any other unit with a miss chance depends on luck. This "luck" is an uncertainty as a part of the game.

I can vouch for the Holiday maps - they are all still doable (and most of them pretty easily).

I think many of Deptusi's are WIP. But I may be wrong about that.
Thanks!
Josh
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

COOLguy wrote:
Endru1241 wrote:Paths of the Death from Nyadhos Strategy - (I know it is supposedly doable, but if knowledge of enemy unit placement is needed to clear 3 stars, then just freaking remove fog of war)
:twisted: What's wrong with that? You don't like replay value? :P
In this case - No. Doing it three times for hundreds of turns is enough for me - most of the time it's just boring.
COOLguy wrote:
TheBluePhoenix wrote:He has clearly written that if the nearest tcs are not captured then the turn limit cannot be acheived. And this is possible only with luck and i am against depending only on luck to win.

All maps using catapults, Healers, or any other unit with a miss chance depends on luck. This "luck" is an uncertainty as a part of the game.
Well this one also requires playing with AI - one little change with AI script and it's impossible.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Point one of yours: I disagree. :twisted: lol

Point two: I actually agree with you. Let's just not change it too much. :)
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I just intend to change the limits to 50 , 60 turns thats all for betrayal map

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Betrayal should be doable in 50+ turns considering the situation you use soldiers on north only to stale knights.

As for Paths of the dead map - what I mean is to change knights to templar knights (at least one of them), because the worst thing in that map is to travel back to towers when you don't know exact position of stationary (trapped behind barriers) longbowmen. Changing to templar knights wouldn't change their stats significantly, but would allow to heal in few turns instead of 15+.
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

+1

Return to “Maps, campaigns”