Beginner's manual - Siege strategy - too hard

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
multim

Beginner's manual - Siege strategy - too hard

Post by multim »

I think since the start of this campaign some triggers have changed. Now it's really hard or even impossible to complete "Siege strategy" under 8 turns limit.
Any tips? Or the limit is not valid anymore?
DreJaDe

Re: Beginner's manual

Post by DreJaDe »

multim wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:15 pm I think since the start of this campaign some triggers have changed. Now it's really hard or even impossible to complete "Siege strategy" under 8 turns limit.
Any tips? Or the limit is not valid anymore?
Nope, still completable at 8 turns. In my theory, it can be defeated in 6 though.

Tips, use everything. Good counters is will make it easier.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Sigh of relief

Wait

I don't remember putting triggers into any of these maps.
OLÉ
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Nope he's right. A fellow player named "motapoti" once told me he couldn't complete it on turn. Once checked it , he is right. I remember i finished it in less than 8 turn but something have made it impossible since the trebuchet's CAN_CARRY become false.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:24 am Nope he's right. A fellow player named "motapoti" once told me he couldn't complete it on turn. Once checked it , he is right. I remember i finished it in less than 8 turn but something have made it impossible since the trebuchet's CAN_CARRY become false.
Nope, I played it and it's still completable within 8 turns. My record in this update is 7, that's the first time I played it again other than my first finish in map's released.

My point is, it's easy enough to be completable in 7 turn so the notion that the map isn't completable in 8 turns is false.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

DreJaDe wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:20 am My point is, it's easy enough to be completable in 7 turn so the notion that the map isn't completable in 8 turns is false.
True. Tried it once today. Win in turn 6. Try to use trebuchet destroy enemy's walls to allow them move faster towards you.
multim

Re: Beginner's manual - Siege strategy - too hard

Post by multim »

Mistake I made was always exiting trebuchets from castle way down (south) and then crawling horizontaly. It was not possible in such way to even destroy walls on time.

But unfortunately this does not work for me. I just can't destroy all units on time no matter how I transport these trebuchets. This supposed to be easy (even tutorial) map, but I spent so much time in it and my score does not satisfy me.
6 turns
Maybe for pro, but not for newbie.

Maybe I miss something more, but for now I've tried 10 times with no success (the least I could get was 11 turns).
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

You can transform trebuchets in castle, move them out so that at least one can reach the upper tower. I wouldn't recommend hitting the south walls of enemy base.

I finished in 7 too

Some more tips:

Wagons are still useful for the ground troops and knights. Use them to coordinate more offensive attacks.

Keep southern archers out of tower range. They should only be close enough to hit one tile behind walls. Manage them carefully, they will get hit at least once. Sometimes you will have to move archers closer to get more hits in.

Target pikemen with once you have enough walls down. To get the most out of your knights
OLÉ
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Don't crawl.

This is supposed to be blitz.
multim

Post by multim »

Oops. If only I knew before that trebuchets can be transformed...
Was it always like that? I don't remember that mechanic 3 years ago (probably that time we could transport them by wagons?).
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

It's been like that near the beginning of 2020
OLÉ

Return to “Campaign map discussions”