Power creep outreach map : Impossible to 3 star IMPLEMENTED

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
Badnorth

Power creep outreach map : Impossible to 3 star IMPLEMENTED

Post by Badnorth »

It is impossible to 3 star because light cavalry cannot be one shotted anymore. I say 2 stars is even very hard but since drejade said he completed it at 2 stars I guess 3 is the one that is impossible. I already 3 starred it before but now my best is 10 turns. Idk what exactly is to change so maybe changing the positions of the spearmen?
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
tamtam12345

Re: Power creep outreach map : Impossible to 3 star

Post by tamtam12345 »

Tried once today. Still possible to get 3 stars but need to predict AI's movements.

(S1)(P1)
(S2)(P2)

Turn 1: Remove watch tower. S2 move to origin tower and then shoot light cal. P2 attack light cal. Move S1 next to another light cal (lose 2hp). Move P1 to attack another light cal so two light cal lost.

Turn 2: Use S1 and S2 to shoot 9 hp spearman. P2 move down to attack 1hp spearman.
.......................R
................(S1)R
(P2)......p
...........(S2)
.............R
.............R

I think you can handle remain turns. :)
Revenant

Post by Revenant »

Hi there,

I tried this map many times in the last days and I also think that the 3 star result is impossible.
The solution tamtam suggested does not work at all. The only way I can make it within the 2 star limit is to lure one of the enemy spearmen into attacking the watchtower, so that it leaves my skirmishers alone until they finished the archers.
The best I could do are 7 turns to win but for 3 stars the limit is 5 turns.

Revenant
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Now spearman is 13 hp not 11 hp
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Revenant

Post by Revenant »

Now spearman is 13 hp not 11 hp
yep, that might be a reason...
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

To resolve this topic: I raised the turn limit for 3 stars a while ago to 8 turns, I was able to get 3 stars in 5 turns everytime before. Luckily it is still winnable just not in as many turns as before so 8 turns should be plenty

Lowest known possible is 7 as of recently
OLÉ

Return to “Campaign map discussions”