betrayal of king Maximus

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
ugly smugly

betrayal of king Maximus

Post by ugly smugly »

Anyone Have Any Ideas On How To Complete This BoarD?
My Archers Are Wiped Out Before I Can fully Hold The Castle
I Have Them Take. I Turn The Elephants But Can't Seem To Make
An Army Fast Enough To Do Any damage.
Any Help Or Thoughts Would Be Appreciated
Whalas

Re: betrayal of king Maximus

Post by Whalas »

I can not finish this mission. I tried out my small army to the east but before conquering cavalry units and produce crushes me
In the southern city builders produce try to build towers and barracks to produce Lancers, but the elephants destroy me. Besides that attack me from the bridge infinitely. I think the only way to pass the mission is unlocking it with 2 gems, if someone comes up with a strategy that you post if you can. ( Traducido por Google )
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Ok, I will try it myself, and also sent this thread to the designer of the maximus storyline to ask for some suggestions for you.
daniel (the dev)
Deptusi

Post by Deptusi »

Hello, I'm the map designer. I'm sorry to tell you that if this map was hard, then you are going to have a bad time with the last two.
To win this map you have to recruit misonaries and turn the elephants, when done recruit workers and build a few towers to protect yourself from the omniphoters.
From then on its your choice how to
End the game. Try building lots of catapults and have a stable building elephants
ugly smugly

Post by ugly smugly »

ThanKs All. I Will Give It A Shot
kon

Post by kon »

для прохода 2 миссии надо очень много времени. + не понимаю, зачем свои воины на севере???их конные воины убивают.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

kon: english pelase.
kon

Post by kon »

for passage 2 mission would require a lot of time. + Do not understand why their soldiers in the North?? Their horse soldiers killed. translate through Yandex translator. if there are error-sorry!
kon

Post by kon »

first of all it is necessary to hire a worker who will repair the tower
kipar

Post by kipar »

My favorite map so far).
The later two maps are easier and require more boring movements here and there, but this one is concentrated "omg catapults and ornithopters and horde of elephants is moving to us from all sides".
But i didn't used priests, just workers, towers, then catapults with area damage and then push back capturing castle by castle (funnier to do without any unlockable units and without ornithopters). I'm planning to try it without catapults, as they are making things much easier (once you have area damage enemy catapults just have no chance to reach you).
Azteca

Post by Azteca »

The North Union map where u start with spartans half of them went missing after the next turn.. no enemys where even near them.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Azteca: you are talking about a different map than the one being discussed here (Map 2 of the Maximus storyline, Betrayal of King Maximus). However on Map 3 of the Maximus storyline, The Northern Union (the one you are referring to), there are hidden AI assassin units near your towns. They try to kill all your Spartan Hoplites and take your TC's.
Thanks!
Josh
draakjee

Post by draakjee »

It is possible to go to the east TC with your archers/swordsmen. I survived 3 turns in the TC. I tried to convert a knight but unfortunately it failed...

If you would succeed in converting a knight, you will probably be able to hold that TC

And it's better to build 2 castles, as soon as you have them you are invincible :)
kipar

Post by kipar »

heeyy wrote:It is possible to go to the east TC with your archers/swordsmen. I survived 3 turns in the TC. I tried to convert a knight but unfortunately it failed...
Not just one TC, i've managed to capture the north-east one and survived about 3 turns there (built a worker but haven't time to complete a tower). Well, with conversion maybe it's possible.
anvil

Post by anvil »

I've played this a lot and finally won one. probably 20 some tries.

the troops above are sacrificial. use them to hurt the enemy can and draw them away from your stronghold.

if you convert 0-1 elephant you lose.

if you convert 2 elephants and build healers and workers and fill your territory with towers and put healers and archers in the front rank of towers you can win.

keep your 2 elephants close to the tower and keep them healed.

stay on the defensive and use attrition to keep the enemy at bay.

when I could make tie fighters I finally went on the offensive.

it took about 280 turns to win

I suspect if you convert 3 elephants you may be able to win in 40 turns or so.

I've never been able to convert 3 elephants.

I'd like to hear other AAR's on how to win this scenario.

good luck.
draakjee

Post by draakjee »

I did this map in 84 turns, but i used castles. So than it's much easier to win
nadassassin

Post by nadassassin »

I converted two elephants at the beginning, put one in my tower along with the healer and one elephant directly in front of the tower. When my front line elephant's health got low, I switched it places with the full health elephant in the tower. When the liw helth elephant is in the tower with the healer it will be healed to full health before your front line elephant's health gets low. Your elephants will never die and you will always have a barricade if you do this.
The archers and swords men will die, I moved the swords men into a barricade and sent my archers in different directions, the knights will chase them around instead of head to your TC and buy you some time to set up the elephant blockade.
Meanwhile, after I created the healer in my TC I made 4 workers. First I built a siege factory and had it get the technology for ballistics. Then I had my workers build towers along the perimeter of the TC area. There is an ornithopter that comes pretty early so keep your workers inside towers and the TC as much as you can.
After I had 4 workers I made long bow archers from my TC and filled my perimeter towers with them until I could put catapults in them.
I didn't think about building a castle, I might try that next time.
I was able to keep the enemy at bay just fine. After a while there will be a break in enemy units coming at you, I used this time to advance my area forward by building more towers, elephants and healers to duplicate my never ending barricade.
I just kept pushing forward, lining the large island area above my TC with towers until nothing could get past the long bridge area, and the yellow team could not get far south, then I took king maximus's south eastern island with catapult ships built by workers, ornithopers, knights, and archers.
After that it was just a matter of pushing forward and taking the map.
It took me around 180 turns. I don't think it is possible to beat the map in 30 turns to get all four gems, which is very irritating to me, but it was a really fun map.
Nykidxxx

Post by Nykidxxx »

Deptusi wrote:Hello, I'm the map designer. I'm sorry to tell you that if this map was hard, then you are going to have a bad time with the last two.
To win this map you have to recruit misonaries and turn the elephants, when done recruit workers and build a few towers to protect yourself from the omniphoters.
From then on its your choice how to
End the game. Try building lots of catapults and have a stable building elephants
Hey Deptusi from what everyone read, it IS impossible to "win" the map. When I play, my only goal is to get the 4 gems challenge. Anything less counts as a loss for me. I have never passed this storyline because I want to beat it perfectly.
3 turns for one healer + 6 turns for workers + 1 extra turn to finish both the guard tower and then a siege workshop + 6 turns for ballistics + 8 turns for one catapult = 24 turns to have an army of 1-3 elephants, 2 workers, 1 catapult, and maybe a few knights if you're lucky as hell with conversion.

My strategy was to get mass healers and the persuasion tech. Then a worker or single archer to stop orthonihopters. I ended up being able to convert 10-15 enemy knights and storing them in my base, using 2 elephants to switch for defense and 1 elephant to distract the orthonihopter while my healers try to convert it (the orthonihopters make suicidal kills to enemy buildings and siege :P). By the time I did this, it was at 25 turns and I began my offense. needless to say, I didn't win in time, and I quit after I went over the 4 gem time limit.

There is no victory without perfect victory! This is a strategy game and if there exists a reward for a specific number of turns, I expect it to be possible to obtain that reward.
Deptusi, I challenge you to beat you own map as fast as you can and then compare that to the time limits you set for us. :ugeek:
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

You must recall that the AI has gotten much harder since this map was made. (like building factories) But I think as it stands, it is impossible to get 3 stars.
Thanks!
Josh
lacicada

Post by lacicada »

I agree that this map is unwinnable in terms of getting 4 gems. But it is unique in its strategy... you have to go on the ultimate defensive in order to build up a sufficient attacking force.

I came close on my first try by leading the cavalry to the east as far as possible. Then I made only workers and built a barracks. Then I built towers while pikemen killed off the elephants. You need to repair the big tower as well. Then the big towers can destroy the catapults if you set them near the east corner. Then once the elephants were down I slowly ate away at the horses with the remaining pikemen - I destroyed the barracks and built a siege shop and made catapults and ballistas... once the bridges were cleared you can go after the TCs to the east. but then I restarted, seeing as I was at 94 turns...

It is impossible to beat in under 40 turns unless you somehow manage to convert all three elephants right away.

The second time around I recruited healers, because they have a better chance to convert... and I managed to get two elephants by the time the ornithopters came. I died quickly.

The third time I tried missionaries, since they have better mobility, and thus save time for builders to be recruited. I am currently on move 35 and have no elephants left, and wiped out a lot of enemy horses. Now I'm dealing with archers, catapults and healers incoming. My ballistas are wrecking the enemy on the bridge. But with only 1 TC it's hard to get mobilized.
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

Sounds cool, I'll have to try it...i still haven't beaten this stupid match, yet...grrrr :x.
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

It is almost possible to win those tc's in the NE. I have gotten all of them once, but could not hold them - too much cavalry to deal with.
I originally won in like 400 turns :evil:
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

I'm generally not that patient...that's why i avoid campaign maps with a couple of hundred troops on the map to start with...I'd rather build my armies my way...
It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people wonder if you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
Deptusi

Post by Deptusi »

I know this map is very hard, it was very hard even before the updates, but i didnt set the turns for the rewards (nor have i ever gotten the 4 gems), so you can ask the developer to change the rewards.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

hello Deptusi! Good to see you!
ok, just say how to change the star limits.
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:hello Deptusi! Good to see you!
ok, just say how to change the star limits.

How about 600 turns for 3 stars? :-P
ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

I second that idea! ;)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

How about 600 turns for 3 stars? :-P
:P Really???

I would rather just halve yellow's cavalry (or otherwise reduce it) and keep them gem counts. I think it would be doable then. :)

:twisted: UNLEASH THE BEAST! :ugeek:
Thanks!
Josh
max-damage

Post by max-damage »

Maybe if you eliminate the orni's....MAYBE it would be doable in 75 turns...as long as enemy cavalry and catapults were cut in half...
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Don't whine about the birds. :D Build towers or archers.
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Campaign map discussions”