Campaign map ordering

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
Sunrise Samurai

Campaign map ordering

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Is it possible to have a more complex order to campaigns than one map to the next? For example, 1 unlocks 2, 2 unlocks both 3 and 3a, 3 unlocks 4, but to unlock 4a you have to complete both 3 and 3a. This allows forked campaign paths, as well as the possibility of side missions and multiple intertwined stories.
The glorious sun rises again
godOfKings

Re: Campaign map ordering

Post by godOfKings »

Yes very impressive idea, I could allow for choice maps too like both 3a and 3b r unlocked, in 3a u support one faction in 3b u support the other faction, if u complete 3a first then 3b will b locked and vice versa, if someone wants to unlock 3b then he will have to play 2 again, but 4a 5a... Etc maps in story version 'a' will b locked again if player unlocked those maps before, it would kind of need some complex coding I guess
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Why lock the​ alternate path? I think most players would want to play all routes, so locking one would just get in the way. Besides, im more thinking a story can follow characters on different paths, possibly coming back together later.
The glorious sun rises again
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

to give the impression of different ending for the same story, like if u start playing the 'b' version then 'a' version would b locked and u would need to play the first map that unlocks both versions again to unlock the 'a' version now but then 'b' would b locked if one continues on 'a' version, so better to complete one version first then start the next by playing the first map that unlocks the choice option
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Return to “Campaign map discussions”