Aquarias campaign-feedback!

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Aquarias campaign-feedback!

Post by DoomCarrot »

It's good to see City Drama has caused the expected frustration disco. :lol: In all seriousness though, thank you for the review. Good to see that it is a challenging puzzle for some.

Also, I would LOVE if you could get the map into testing COOLGuy, as I am basically unable to continue the campaign until it gets tested/implemented somehow from map market. The map is called "Massacre (40x40)"
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

No problem at all - I've already sent it to you. You can forward the email to Daniel if you are ready with it.

The map was way more fun than I thought it would be (looking at it from the menu, it looks unfinished) Very nice!
Thanks!
Josh
Disco

Post by Disco »

Aquarias: The Council.

First try died, was thinking this impossible.
But second try, knew the twist, and managed to win (barely). Turn 14.

Although at first it seemed very hard, it is well balanced for my skill level. Definitely had to use my brain on this one!

Well done out triggers, an the story is progressing well :) My fav of the campaign so far.
Avalyn

Post by Avalyn »

Disco wrote:Aquarias: The Council.

First try died, was thinking this impossible.
But second try, knew the twist, and managed to win (barely). Turn 14.

Although at first it seemed very hard, it is well balanced for my skill level. Definitely had to use my brain on this one!

Well done out triggers, an the story is progressing well :) My fav of the campaign so far.
Same here. I basically just grouped all of the councilmembers together, waiting for the guards to turn.
Istan quete ya merin, ar la hanyuvatyen.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

COOLGuy: Oh no, thanks for telling me it looks unfinished. That's because that version is lol. I sent the rough draft version to the map market, but realized I wasn't supposed to do that, so I did not send the final version with intro text/fixes/slight difficulty changes anywhere. I guess I should just send that version to map market too and you can send it to me like you did with the first version? I don't know how else to get it from gp version to Daniel. :lol:

Disco/Avalyn: Yes, if a councilor strays to far away, they will likely die, especially if it is Aleena or Kestor. :)
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Elvenprincess
Location: Rivendell, Lorien, Brooklyn (New York), Endor, and many other places...

Post by Elvenprincess »

I won "The Council" the first time I played it, but just barely. I had the council members, who were nearly all wounded seriously, stand back to back, and retreated to the far side of the chamber. I didn't get all the stars, though :cry:
Namárië!
Hardeep

Post by Hardeep »

The council was.....
Easy.
Am I alone here in thinking double the palace guard would be nice? :?
There never was much hope... just a fool's hope
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Did you beat the turn limit Hardeep?

If so, by how many turns?
Avalyn

Post by Avalyn »

Hardeep wrote: Am I alone here in thinking double the palace guard would be nice? :?
Yes.
Istan quete ya merin, ar la hanyuvatyen.
Elvenprincess
Location: Rivendell, Lorien, Brooklyn (New York), Endor, and many other places...

Post by Elvenprincess »

Avalyn wrote:
Hardeep wrote: Am I alone here in thinking double the palace guard would be nice? :?
Yes.
Yes.
Namárië!
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

DoomCarrot wrote: so I did not send the final version with intro text/fixes/slight difficulty changes anywhere. I guess I should just send that version to map market too and you can send it to me like you did with the first version? I don't know how else to get it from gp version to Daniel.
That works: tell me when it is up.
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Map #4 massacre has the player labeled as "COOLGuy," and I have no idea how that happened. :lol:

Is there any way to change this? It was originally labeled "Lord Arkad" when sent for publishing.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, change it in the .map file where it lists the players
Thanks!
Josh
Disco

Post by Disco »

DoomCarrot wrote:Map #4 massacre has the player labeled as "COOLGuy," and I have no idea how that happened. :lol:

Is there any way to change this? It was originally labeled "Lord Arkad" when sent for publishing.
I think you should keep him in..everyone wants a COOLguy, in their campaign :lol:
Oooh, is that an idea ringing in my head??
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Nice way to look at it. I don't think I can even change it now, since it is actually implemented in the campaign and the map market. :lol:

Also. I no longer have the map file since I created the map on gp version.
multim

Post by multim »

Hello everyone, I've just encountered some problems with City Drama and Council turn limit.
In the City Drama third spy in docks is on the water SW, and when I already managed to get there, rounds up.
I have no idea how to beat all of units in Council map under 10 turns limit.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

multim wrote:I have no idea how to beat all of units in Council map under 10 turns limit.
Totally keep trying.

Focus on efficiency and live on the edge :)
Thanks!
Josh
Disco

Post by Disco »

multim wrote:Hello everyone, I've just encountered some problems with City Drama and Council turn limit.
In the City Drama third spy in docks is on the water SW, and when I already managed to get there, rounds up.
I have no idea how to beat all of units in Council map under 10 turns limit.
lol..your not the only one buddy.
Or should I say, im glad im not the only one :P
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

If you know how AI works,you can win it very easily. :)
https://youtu.be/jdSXNIEnG_4
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

The best way to win the council map is to consolidate all forces into the middle for effeciency, then when the guards turn on you, split into three grouos to deal with each of the three fronts as quickly as possible. :)

Also, I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with the city drama map?
multim

Post by multim »

@DoomCarrot
Also, I'm not entirely sure what is wrong with the city drama map?
I mean that when I already set the watchtower in Southern West, I don't have enough moves to get 3 stars, because I need about 6 more moves to build a bridge to the third spy.
Last edited by multim on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

You should not need to build any bridges on that map. If a peasent or chicken is in your way, you can just kill it to get to the dock. :twisted:
multim

Post by multim »

Update Today I achieved 3 stars at Council. :)

Even when I get there (City Drama) I don't have any ranged unit like e.g. archers.
multim

Post by multim »

In about 20th turn it's look like this:
Attachments
City drama 20th turn
City drama 20th turn
_20160907_162132.JPG (134.16 KiB) Viewed 15804 times
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

:lol: I told you to move him, Doom. :)
Thanks!
Josh
multim

Post by multim »

Is it normal or it's super rare Swimming Ranger unit? :lol:
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

LOL! That unit you aren't supposed to kill. It is there toprevent the game from automatically ending when you kill the third spy. You walked right past the third spy in the docks though. :lol:
Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan »

Very cool, dude. Nice story. Something ive found frustrating on a lot of campaigns is a lack of clear objectives in the storyline of the launch screens, thank you very much for that. I missed building towers with my workers on city drama, just had them walking around the whole time. I didnt need them to 3* it though. Ill admit that i still havent done better than 12 turns on council. Make your next campaign longer ;)
-Mad
-Mad
Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan »

City Drama: 15 turns. No workers needed. I just ran them around. What happens if i let them be lazy? The other two units can finish this alone.... Once i know where the 3 assassins are that is.... My first try was more than 40 turns. I just assumed hed be on the river bank and not on a dock.... And never realized that i could kill the jerk villagers in my way without reprocussions lmao
-Mad
DoomCarrot

Post by DoomCarrot »

Thanks for the feedback! There is no penalty for doing nothing with your workers, or killing the villagers. :lol:

However, the workers do make the city drama map much easier if you build towers with them. Also, the 4th map should be available now, as I submited it a long time ago. :)

Return to “Campaign map discussions”