scout hunt

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
FiredClay

scout hunt

Post by FiredClay »

Scout hunt, part of the campaign gorgan-delight, is great but I believe it could be a map that provokes use of skill to accomplish if the turn/star was reversed. Let me explain. I think it would demand more of a strategetic skill if the turns are less than 7 for 1 star, less than 12 for 2 stars, and above 12 for 4 stars. I've noticed that there is no way to accomplish this in map setup as par of the map designer. Could you hold out on not taking the town center long enough to go for above 12 turns and still take out the horse archers?
Darkknight

Re: scout hunt

Post by Darkknight »

It is possible to get 3 stars. It is hard but possible. You need to move your army straight towards the tc. While doing this you must not let your knight die (which means that dont attack a pikeman with a knight) and using 1 archer shoot the building started by the worker blocking your path (the closest one). Use your other archers to shoot down/weaken pikes. In the 3rd turn your swordmen could reach the builders and the constructions so destroy them with sowrdmens while using your archers to shoot the exposed pikemen (outside the tc) and shooting the tc. Attack the tc with your knight also. The next turn shoot all archers at tc and if it becomes empty enter as much units (but not 4) and produce skrimishers. after that just keep the knight alive and simply kill all horsearchers.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Darkknight has it perfectly right. It might take a few tries to get 3 stars, but keep trying. The map is short anyway.
Thanks!
Josh
FiredClay

Post by FiredClay »

I personally try to go for 1 star, then 2stars, and then go for the full 3 stars in that exact order to obtain more gems per map. I found that this is a great map to hone my grasp of strategy in this game. The first time I played the map I won in 3 turns by focusing on the town center but it took longer to finish the rest of the map. It's not easy to obtain a 1 star on this map because the win is tied to the ownership of the town center but not the victory.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

lol I think that bug is fixed now. :D Now the max total is 4 gems.

Yay Daniel.
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

P.S. You can get one star by taking the Town but not doing anything to destroy the other units
Thanks!
Josh

Return to “Campaign map discussions”