arena of heroes - reinforced

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
TheBluePhoenix

arena of heroes - reinforced

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

This is the topic i have created for suggestions about maps which i have remade (1,3,4) .more have been made but suddenly i lost the modification power with the most recent upgrade .hence you guys will have to wait a bit for more
Psst: i am having a problem with the map images of these renewed maps- they are unchanged in my case. I asked dev but he said he had changed them. Are u ppl facing this problem??
Let me know
Thanks!!!
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Re: arena of heroes - reinforced

Post by COOLguy »

Restart the map with the "reset game definition" box checked after updating the game.
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ok i will try. Did u like the maps or not
By the way i just logged in and now i am back on work again. In the next update maps 3 and 5 will be included.maybe 6 also
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I have only played round 1 and 2. (The reason is that I can't win number 2!!!)

Round 1 is very well done. I think it might actually be better for a level 2 or 3 and have an easier starting map. (Not that the map is hard - I finished with all heroes surviving at 7 rounds)

But round 2 is ridiculous. I am embarrassed that I haven't been able to defeat it at all. I have tried many strategies, but I can't escape the fact that I cannot outmaneuver the cavalry and so get cornered and picked apart by the ranged units. Splitting my forces doesn't work either.

But I'll skip it and move on to 3 and 4. (Tell me if there's a really obvious thing I'm missing.)
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I agree with you cool guy that it is insanely difficult for a second round map. Hence i have modified it a bit so that it becomes interesting to win and not very boring as it becomes now when you find yourself in the same situation every time. This map is winable but i am changing it because its just round 2. If you want i will pm some tips to help you win the current map itself

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Okay let me update. Yes, please pm me. I got my rear kicked again this morning. It must be a very simple solution that I am missing. :)
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I have sent the new map to dev idontknow whether or not it is implemented yet but yes this new map is much easier than the previous one

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Yes, the second map was hard, very hard. BUT THAT'S GOOD! The rest of the maps were much too easy.
I lost only one hero first time I played this map. :]
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Even the 4 th one??

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Are you playing the right maps? ;)
Thanks!
Josh
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Finally won just a while ago on break. :) Yeah, I think it's too hard for map 2. Maybe removing the chariot archers would be good (without having to add in more heroes like the Hero Knight.
Thanks!
Josh
HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Sorry, I was talking about 4th map all the time, with Vikings.

Second map? I will play it again. But I think We shouldn't make hard maps easier, but easy maps - harder.

I was laughing much when I saw last map. Some spartans, two catapults - please, I destroyed both catapults with archer :D
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I have done the same thing: converted some charioteers into chariot archers and some heavy knights into normal knights. I have added the knight hero because it will be of great use in upcoming maps. Also, map 5 is a bomb. You will take quite a time to figure it out. It will be in the next update. Have you tried map 4?
Psst so this means my tricks worked right ;)

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

So lets get things clear hokanpl : which map you played/tried and how was it?

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

I played it one more time:

1) second map - very hard, should be later, eight or nineth, and more turns should be acceptable for 3 stars (26 turns, two heroes alive)
4) fourth map - this one with vikings, easier than second, but hard too (1 hero dead)
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Dont worry about second map. As i said i made it easier. The map order cannot be changed as i have made a storyline attached to it which will be added when all maps are ready for playstore update

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Anyone else who has tried and tested the maps?? I dont think any further changes are req but then too..

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

All maps 1-6 are present in the new update. Please check them out
-map 2 was very difficult for a beginning map so was made a bit easy
-maps 3,5,6 added new
If anyone thinks that turn limits for a particular map is too less or more than please post here. Also any suggestions are welcome

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

hokanpl and cool guy pls post your strategies here so that we can mould them and try to win the map 6
Otherwise i will have to add more heroes

HokanPL

Post by HokanPL »

Map 6 impossible to win, I have tried 3 tactics:

1. Frontal Attack one of the legions.
2. Staying in the centre and defending between monuments.
3. Running north east between two legions (with all heroes or without 2 vikings to stop some enemies for a while).

Less enemies please!!!
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I agree, I cannot win map 6.
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I felt that too. So i made a few changes. Instead of reducing the enemies, i made a small window in the north allowing a possibility of slowing down the enemy. I also intend to add a few priests and templars(2 each) for help and healing purpose
Thanks for testing it

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

So the changes have been made. Try the map 6 again. Thanks

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Anyone who has tried the new map 6?

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

I have not yet, but I wanted to post this a bit. You have done a great job making the campaign harder, and in my opinion much more fun.

But part of the original charm was in having only a limited number heroes. Making a map hard doesn't mean the map has to be super long. A map can be hard to win because of enemy count, or because of your own limited resources, or because it is difficult to achieve three stars.

So I would recommend keeping the original number of heroes as Kirk had, and balancing the number of enemies to that number. Otherwise it almost seems that we add tons of enemies and then add heroes because it was too hard and then add more enemies because it got too easy... ;)

So in my opinion, you are doing a great job. I would just advise you to keep in mind the things that made the original campaigns fun and only correct the flaws it had. :) I will try out map 6 in a minute.
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Actually i had a storyline in my mind. And that is the reason i am using so many enemies and heroes. Also i think most of my maps except some(2,6 ) are medium tough and get over very quickly( within half the turn limit)
Thanks for commenting.

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

ohhhhh... :) Bet its good. (been continuing conversation in pm)

I think you're doin' good. :)
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Thanks
Appreciate your comments. any ssuggestion for new map 6??

COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Give me a few catapults and I will blow those silly Legionaires away!!! :evil:

No. no serious suggestions. :)
Thanks!
Josh
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Did you use the window i provided in south to slow down the enemies??

Return to “Campaign map discussions”