DISABLED campaign: Mercenaries - needs finalization

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
Alex486

DISABLED campaign: Mercenaries - needs finalization

Post by Alex486 »

2nd map gem reward is too low. Tried twice and could only win with 6 turns each time. Full gems is 4.
Last edited by Alex486 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anything is feasible with enough money and power.

Get ready to get your teeth kicked in, it will make for a good education.
Alex486

Re: Mercenaries

Post by Alex486 »

Map 3: Portal gets stuck in a impossible position. Templer can't kill spartans who are healing in the TC. As a result, the board goes on forever.

Update: if the healer can convert the elephant on first turn, then the map can be over in 2 turns. Of not, then it goes on forever.
Anything is feasible with enough money and power.

Get ready to get your teeth kicked in, it will make for a good education.
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Map 3 (Portal) is much harder than map 2, and it is almost impossible to win the map.

I would suggest:
1. Having weaker enemies, such as men at arms or legionairres instead of spartans.
2. Having the healer protected by units. It is killed very easily, making the level almost impossible as you lose when the healer is dead.
Who am I?
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

It is very hard. Basically if you don't convert the elephant you might as well restart.
Thanks!
Josh
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i would like to remove all disabled campaigns so i would like to "fix" or to remove them.

so please someone
run tru the maps and
a) give suggestions to change
b) or suggest maps to remove
c) or maps to create

so we can publish the campaign.

thanks!
tamtam12345

Re: DISABLED campaign: Mercenaries - needs finalization

Post by tamtam12345 »

Map 2 is winnable.Get 3 stars at 5th try.I think 2nd map is nice.I think creater put much effort into this map.No need to change.

Map 3 require luck to get 1 star without convert elephant.I think the creater want us to know how to convert unit. Impossible to get 3 stars if elephant not be converted.Maybe remove it?

Map 4 is not difficult. Win in turn 8 and get 3 stars in first try.

Map 5 win in turn 8.Need second try if not careful.

Map 6 win in turn 10 first time. Easy if you know how to use templar and fast kill one elephant .May lower turns to turn 12-13 to get 3 stars.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thanks! map3: if the elephant is a key element - maybe give some other units against it not only priests? (for a case you can not convert it)
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Map 7 is too easy to get 3 stars in first time because enemy don't know how to move to attack fortress.Also, your side units are strong.

Map 8 is also too easy because you and your friend units have sum of 8 trebuchets.

Last map is nice.Win in turn 13 in second time. If you know the strategy, you can save at least half your units at the end of map. Maybe change 3 stars to 14-15 turns?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

tamtam12345 wrote:Map 7 is too easy to get 3 stars in first time because enemy don't know how to move to attack fortress.Also, your side units are strong.

Map 8 is also too easy because you and your friend units have sum of 8 trebuchets.

Last map is nice.Win in turn 13 in second time. If you know the strategy, you can save at least half your units at the end of map. Maybe change 3 stars to 14-15 turns?
ok, last map star limit changed to 15/20. tell me what to change on others.

thanks!
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

In map 7 ,change 3 star to turn 9.

In map 8 ,all red units can cut half,cut 4 heavy knights,less 1 yellow colour trebuchet.Need to try again to check turns requirement if this change.I tried twice to cut half my units except templar ,both time win less than 11 turns. Maybe 11 turns is suitable.

Return to “Campaign map discussions”