Almost Got It - Finish Them

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
pcaldero

Almost Got It - Finish Them

Post by pcaldero »

I'm stuck with this map. Enemy cavalry is just too strong.
If I head towards enemy, I get wiped out.
If I hide behind walls and wait for reinforcements, I get wiped out.
Any mixed strategy ends the same: I get wiped out, and pretty quickly. Sometimes even before reinforcements arrive.
For an easy campaign, I'm finding it quite difficult.
Any tips?
Revenant

Re: Almost Got It - Finish Them

Post by Revenant »

Hi,

I remember this map pretty well as it took me many tries to complete it (some months ago...). In my first tries I had the same issues like you. I never even came close to victory, not even thinking of the three star requirement.

Here are my recommendations:
Do not attack in the first two turns. Pull back behind the wall and wait for the onrush of enemies. I keep some units at the left side of the field and pull most units to the bottom center. After some tries, you will figure out how to place your units, so you can bring two of the enemy Spartans down in your third turn. (One Spartan can be killed with two of the Macemen, the other one must be hit with the remaining Maceman and one heavy Knight, the Spartan will then kill itself in his next turn with the counterattack).
After that, try to keep a closed frontline, so that the enemy cannot attack your units with multiple hits in one turn. Always try to kill enemy units in one turn (does not always work of course, especially with the enemy heavy knights). Do not give the enemy Knight Templar the opportunity to heal units. That also means that you must bring down the Templar itself in one turn (two heavy Knights are enough for that). If the Templar only once heals a unit, it seems impossible to reach the 10 turns limit for the three stars.

I always kept Ridik completely out of the battle. If you are careful you might use him to deal some damage but be aware that the enemy ranged units focus on him, when he is in reach.
It is also important to get some heavy knights behind the frontline to create havoc among the enemy archers. At least one heavy knight should start with that before the reinforcements arrive.
Use the reinforcements to clear out the rest of the enemy units.

It should be easy to get the map done in 12 to 14 turns like that. I just tried again and made it in 11 turns, so it seems the three point requirement can still be matched.

Good luck and have fun!
Revenant
pcaldero

Re: Almost Got It - Finish Them

Post by pcaldero »

Thanks! Will try as per your suggestion

Return to “Campaign map discussions”