Prison planet - (3 star?) area damage?

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
Cantarzo

Prison planet - (3 star?) area damage?

Post by Cantarzo »

What best area damage for prison planet maps left?( Fast enough for 3 stars)(not sure if that's still possible)
Fun unit removed
Balista 1 turn to stand and low range
Trebuchet only for buildings
Hwacha not bad.. but slow and short range
Catapult good range but not sure if the damage is good enough

Did I forget something?

( Or it's not possible to get 3 star in most maps in prison planet?(no spells)
b2198

Re: Prison planet - (3 star?) area damage?

Post by b2198 »

You can increase Hwacha range up to 7 with field artillery ballistics and reliable rockets (the latter also increases ability power, so overall damage gets increased by ~50%), and with ranged damage lv1 and lv2 you also increase their damage. With all of these they can deal up to 9x3 damage in up to 16 tiles for a theoretical maximum of 9*3*16 = 432 damage, so against those masses of enemies in prison planet, they're the most efficient unit to use. Just remember to protect them with tankier units, like vanguard shield knights, for example, since hwachas can easily deal with any anti-mounted unit the AI sends.

You could also go with gallowglasses + druids, they are a deadly area damage combination.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Cantarzo

Post by Cantarzo »

12 turns for techs + 6 turns to build first unit + movement uses action

50-120 factories can produce hundreds of units...
Starting to think the map is the issue..

Victory is easy but turn limit too small for 3 star
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Yeah I didn't mean to say it was possible to get 3 stars on them (in fact I have 1 star in most maps of this campaign, and that was when hwachas were a lot stronger lol), just that these are options for maximum effectiveness.

I think these maps try to compensate the AI "not being a good player" (euphemism there :joy:) by giving them a huge number advantage, but it only serves to make them a lot more grindy, since even after you start winning it still takes some dozens of turns to finish destroying all those factories.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Cantarzo

Post by Cantarzo »

Trying to check Wich ones are possible
First map I had 3 stars in the past(old account)
Most are impossible, but there is 2-3 that are possible before, trying again but weakened siege... Not sure if it's still possible.

Need to finish to open next campaign anyway
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I wonder the player who made this campaign, if he actually finishes his maps in 3 star limit before sending them to dev. I think he just makes some good background stories, then randomly distributes a lot of ai units and buildings in a certain pattern making sure the player won't immediately die from getting over spammed by ai units, then says alright, my job here is done, and clicks send
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools

Return to “Campaign map discussions”