Heir To The Throne - Entering Red Mountains 3 stars

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
Revenant

Heir To The Throne - Entering Red Mountains 3 stars

Post by Revenant »

Hi AoS community,

I'm struggling right now with the map Entering Red Mountains of the Heir To The Throne campaign. To get 3 stars it has to be finished in 10 turns which seems to be impossible to me. I tried about 100 times (I did not count, but that's what it feels like ;-)) but I never could make it any faster than in 11 turns.

I always try to get the Heavy Knights to the north as fast as possible but it's never fast enough. The other units are just too slow to get there in time at all. Is there any trick that I'm missing here?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Revenant
Endru1241

Re: Heir To The Throne - Entering Red Mountains 3 stars

Post by Endru1241 »

Just tried - 10 turns on one try.

The catch is - you don't have to finish off northern forces - just break through priests and reach cave with hero knight.
He's incovertible and takes barely any damage from maoris, so it shouldn't be a problem.
To make it little faster try to remove one or two with ranged units.
Samurais, broadswordmen, spearman, gisarmemen can be left behind, others are priority to move as far as possible.
I just moved them to eliminate buildings.
Just regular fast advancement with as the rest of forces moved as far as possible should suffice.
Age of Strategy design leader
Revenant

Post by Revenant »

Thanks Endru!

That idea just did not come to my mind. :roll:
Well the map's name is Entering The Mountains, so it should have been obvious :D
Now I also got it done in 10 turns. Thanks a lot!

But now I have a question to another map in that campaign. Map 10 "The Fall" seems impossible to win.

When the reinforcements come there is a message saying that Theodoric must be moved into the catacombs to win. The problem is: there is no Theodoric on the map. There is one hero knight but he is not named Theodoric like in the other maps of that campaign. Moving that one in the top right corner over the entrance of the catacombs does not finish the map.
Am I missing something again?

Thanks
Revenant
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Revenant wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:07 pm Thanks Endru!

That idea just did not come to my mind. :roll:
Well the map's name is Entering The Mountains, so it should have been obvious :D
Now I also got it done in 10 turns. Thanks a lot!

But now I have a question to another map in that campaign. Map 10 "The Fall" seems impossible to win.

When the reinforcements come there is a message saying that Theodoric must be moved into the catacombs to win. The problem is: there is no Theodoric on the map. There is one hero knight but he is not named Theodoric like in the other maps of that campaign. Moving that one in the top right corner over the entrance of the catacombs does not finish the map.
Am I missing something again?

Thanks
Revenant
True. Trigger has a minor bug. I think map creater accidentally deleted Eff :Declare victory in last trigger. Trigger (I think) is Cond : Objs(hero knight) in area Eff : Declare Victory (human player) . Need a quick fix(~5min).
@Endru1241
Btw, any differences on sending fixed map to the DEV with NEW(>version10)/old android version?

Pereonally I ignored that bug... could destroy all enemy within 45 turns...
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I don't have access to send maps and some time ago even editing maps stopped working for Android 10 (map opens without any units), so I am unable to help in that regard.
Map can be completed within turn limit, so it's somehow OK.
Revenant

Post by Revenant »

Hi again.

Thanks for the responses. I've seen meanwhile that this issue had already been discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=154&t=7810&hilit=heir
Seems the trigger for the map is broken...

But after some fails, I managed to finish the map in the 3 stars turn limit by destroying all enemy units.
It felt that this is impossible because in my first tries, the enemy produced nothing but Persian War Elephants in the archery ranges. And those are hard to bring down with the given units.
In a recent try, the AI produced less Elephants and more other units and then in was not too hard to destroy them all.

Thanks again Endru and tamtam for having a look into the issue!

And also thanks to all contributors to the game itself. I only started playing AoS about two months ago and I really enjoy it al lot!
Revenant
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Revenant wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:42 pm Hi again.

Thanks for the responses. I've seen meanwhile that this issue had already been discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=154&t=7810&hilit=heir
Seems the trigger for the map is broken...

But after some fails, I managed to finish the map in the 3 stars turn limit by destroying all enemy units.
It felt that this is impossible because in my first tries, the enemy produced nothing but Persian War Elephants in the archery ranges. And those are hard to bring down with the given units.
In a recent try, the AI produced less Elephants and more other units and then in was not too hard to destroy them all.
After 2x turns, many friendly units will arrive (into battlefield). You can destroy enemy 2 barracks by using skrimishers/archers before support comes.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

Btw. I fixed missing trigger.

Return to “Campaign map discussions”