Aos How to win in battleheart sero the Swift

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
quasimodo

Aos How to win in battleheart sero the Swift

Post by quasimodo »

I have tried dozens of times, but I really can't win.
b2198

Re: Aos How to win in battleheart sero the Swift

Post by b2198 »

Just replayed it to remember how it's done:
1- you need to step on the dirty tiles to blind him, making him damage himself when attacking you for the next 2 turns
2- if he gets to you without being blind, he can deal more than half your hp, so you can only allow this once
3- you have to hit him at every opportunity and step on the 3 dirty tiles to be able to get his hp down to 0 before you die

(Also I think you accidentally created 3 topics instead of 1)
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I will try again a few times.But I can only step on two dusts at most.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

b2198 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:16 am Just replayed it to remember how it's done:
1- you need to step on the dirty tiles to blind him, making him damage himself when attacking you for the next 2 turns
2- if he gets to you without being blind, he can deal more than half your hp, so you can only allow this once
3- you have to hit him at every opportunity and step on the 3 dirty tiles to be able to get his hp down to 0 before you die

(Also I think you accidentally created 3 topics instead of 1)
Actually, I know all that you said, but I still can't beat it.I want to give up.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Walkthrough

(spoiler alert, for some reason I can't put images in spoiler tags)
turn 0:

turn 1:

turn 2:

turn 3:

turn 4:

turn 5:

turn 6:

turn 7:

turn 8:

turn 9:

Sero will be at 1 hp at the start of your next turn, just deal the final hit and you're done.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

b2198 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:50 pm Walkthrough

(spoiler alert, for some reason I can't put images in spoiler tags)
turn 0:

turn 1:

turn 2:

turn 3:

turn 4:

turn 5:

turn 6:

turn 7:

turn 8:

turn 9:

Sero will be at 1 hp at the start of your next turn, just deal the final hit and you're done.
You are amazing! thank you
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I just tried again a few times, following your steps. But in my game, sero doesn't act like your steps. When I go to the dust below, he will chase me directly instead of going to the top of the screen.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I succeeded. My steps were wrong. I didn't find it. Anyway, thank you very much.
BlackAvarice

Post by BlackAvarice »

After turn 2, he does not move upwards. I assume this has to do with AI update, but the solution no longer works.

Edit: turns go as planned, but still not enough to kill by the last turn.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Just checked, the solution is still exactly the same. The turns shown in the images are what you should have at the end of each turn, not at the start.
Jarno21

Post by Jarno21 »

I am encountering the same problem that BlackAvarice posted. These are the steps that I take:

Turn 0: move 3 squares down.
Turn 1: move 1 square right. Throw dust into sero's eyes. On his turn he comes next to me and attacks me 4 times.
Turn 2: I stand still and attack him. On his turn he attacks me, and then just keeps standing there.

It seems that the AI did indeed change somehow. Whatever I do (don't attack, change difficulty, try slightly different steps,...), Sero is tailing me constantly.

As far as I am concerned, this map is mathematically impossible at the moment. The shortest distance between the 3 mud points is 7, 7 and 8 squares. This means that whenever you walk from one mud to anothers seto can deal damage to you on the 3th turn. I would propose a solution which allows you to either survive 2 of setos attacks, or to shift the mud points a bit so you can visit one of the pairs in 2 turns

Tested on version 1.159
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Jarno21 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:40 pm I am encountering the same problem that BlackAvarice posted. These are the steps that I take:

Turn 0: move 3 squares down.
Turn 1: move 1 square right. Throw dust into sero's eyes. On his turn he comes next to me and attacks me 4 times.
Turn 2: I stand still and attack him. On his turn he attacks me, and then just keeps standing there.

It seems that the AI did indeed change somehow. Whatever I do (don't attack, change difficulty, try slightly different steps,...), Sero is tailing me constantly.

As far as I am concerned, this map is mathematically impossible at the moment. The shortest distance between the 3 mud points is 7, 7 and 8 squares. This means that whenever you walk from one mud to anothers seto can deal damage to you on the 3th turn. I would propose a solution which allows you to either survive 2 of setos attacks, or to shift the mud points a bit so you can visit one of the pairs in 2 turns

Tested on version 1.159
Are you playing on hard?
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Just tested, and that only happens for me if you play on easy. Can you try it on hard to see if it works for you?
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Oh, wait, this time the AI DID change, just retried it on hard and got the same result as yours, my bad. @Stratego (dev) did you fix the case where the AI would move weirdly if it was adjacent to an enemy unit at the start of the turn? If so, this map is now impossible to get 3 stars XD. Lesson of the day: don't make maps that depend on AI doing weird things lol. Will try to find out who the creator was to ask if they can fix it.

Edit: found him, but he said he couldn't fix it at the moment, so either use an unlock to skip that map or kill Sero with spells in the meantime.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

What weird movement? I never knew such.

Anyone having map modify permission please change it and send me. Thx.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:15 am What weird movement? I never knew such.

Anyone having map modify permission please change it and send me. Thx.
Ok. Tried today. I know what weird movement is:
Basic test setting: 1 enemy(A) & 1 human(B) unit within the map.

Old version AI mechanics: In enemy turn, if A is adjacent to B, A will attack B(spend action point first), A will spend its movement(Leaving its original standing place(spend turn point then).

Latest version AI mechanics: In enemy turn, if A is adjacent to B, A will attack B(spend action point first), A will spend its movement(staying its original standing place(spend turn point then).
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Quick fix :
Added You stats armor from 0 to 1.
Adjusted Sero stats HP from 120 to 125.

Return to “Campaign map discussions”