Why are you Hitting yourself - Map Help ANSWERED

Post by mkmunnabhai9 »

I think dev is joking with us
DreJaDe

Re: Puzzle map. Why are you hitting yourself. Has anyone done it

Post by DreJaDe »

mkmunnabhai9 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:27 pm I think dev is joking with us
It's not the Dev that made it but me.

I've finished my maps before I sent to the Dev.

The three version should all be rather easy as you only need to wait for the last hit.
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

A little help: even though each difficulty is looking similar to one another, it needs a different tactics each. Because, the order of placement is so crucial and critical so as to maximize the hit and counter as well as keeping it alive. It nearly took me 20+ tries to complete each hardest ones.

My salute to Dre 😀
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

I only won 1st one.
Lost tha patience seeing the same, but multiplied (so longer and harder with potentially more restarts) on 2nd map.
Map is relying quite heavily on precise control - up to every move.
As damage is always 1, every unit can attack or get attacked 10 times total. Once having 2 hp it can only be used against enemy, which will be finished in this turn. Once having 1 hp only as a finishing attack.
Additional knowledge, that helps (or even is required to finish it) is that AI always attacks first if ut can (has target in range), then moves. There is also a thing, that it always tries to finish unit (higher priority if hit will kill).

I tried to concentrate my attacks to finish some enemy units asap to increase control over battlefield, but it probably isn't right solution, as I only got 2 stars.
Tried to get right one few more times, but there is always one move, that immidately after taking you see it was wrong (bad position, so that you won't reach enemy next turn in this case).

One thing that requires some attention (and a reason why I hate such maps) is that any change in AI decision algorithm could destroy the good solution. So someone has to replay such maps from time to time to check if they are still doable (in time).

One more thing - I am not sure if it's only when modifying maps, but I noticed (in AoF, but engine is the same), that when object is destroyed condition sometimes misbehaves lately (launches trigger on wrong unit killed). Please check carefully if you loose only when your unit is destroyed.
Age of Strategy design leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I got 3 stars in the first 2 maps, basically i place each spearman next to each enemy spearman and let them atk each other, only wen the spearmen have 2 hp i dont atk, but let enemy spearmen atk, so wen they have 1 hp i can kill all the enemy spearmen without counter atk in one turn
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

However i think the swordsman 3rd map is impossible
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
mkmunnabhai9

Post by mkmunnabhai9 »

Thanks for this many reply. A puzzle always looks impossible before you know the answer. Thanks to the puzzle maker. I love puzzles. Now that i know somebody has done it, i will do it too.
mkmunnabhai9

Post by mkmunnabhai9 »

Did the first one in 8 turns. :D
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

godOfKings wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:49 am However i think the swordsman 3rd map is impossible
Though I might've forgot how to finish it. It's definitely doable.

To my surprise, some players even finished 5 turns less than mine.
mkmunnabhai9

Re: Why are you Hitting yourself - Map Help ANSWERED

Post by mkmunnabhai9 »

Yes there's a new unit so i have to try a few times to know what it can do. Just now i learned it can die, and you still can play.
Revenant

Post by Revenant »

Hi,

I think the 1st map "Why are you hitting yourself" is no longer doable in the 3 stars limit since spearmen got an upgrade from 11 to 13 hp.
It just takes longer to bring the hp down to 0 so the best you can do is 8 turns, while 7 is the 3 star limit

Revenant
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Exactly
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC

Return to “Campaign map discussions”