Snowy Campaign - Defense of Garelgaza ANSWERED

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
Contrition

Snowy Campaign - Defense of Garelgaza ANSWERED

Post by Contrition »

I'm liking this campaign so far but this level is certainly giving me a hell of a hard time. Am I missing something here?

The village has decent fortifications and defenses but they quickly get overwhelmed by the masses of ensuing invaders. Moreover, the village Chief spends most of the attack hiding behind the castle walls, I don't know if that's a bug or that's just how he's scripted. And all my men can do is slowly and carefully pick off invaders from the side so as not to lose any precious units I have.

Any help is appreciated.
Badnorth

Re: Snowy Campaign - Defense of Garelgaza

Post by Badnorth »

I think this map is a little hard yeah, but i've managed to beat this before. What i've done before was use the Player's units to push through the North, eliminating the enemy forces there then moving from right to left. Sweeping them slowly. The Invaders has a lot of units with some enemy champions and Upgraded Templars. Try to keep Testo from a distance from all enemy forces because once he dies his story ends, which is a defeat. Train a Bard or two from the Nordic hall and make it support Testo and/or the Berserker. Train also some healer units. Any Healer units to keep him and his soldiers alive.

About the Chieftain, i do not know. It was not scripted to be like that. What it was before, the Chieftain would join to fight outside after the Walls break, Though when i replayed it, it just came outside killing a Paladin or a Champion. Bard Buffs will also work great with him due to it being a good fighter.

Just overall train A Bard, Balanced Throwing Axe Tech and Some Viking units (Preferably Axe Throwers and Berserkers) and try not to make the hero die. The enemy doesn't have any production factories so you should be able to slowly pick them off one by one.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Contrition

Post by Contrition »

Oh I didn't know the Nordic Hall can be used to produce units as well, I thought it was just for healing. Guess I'll have to invest my gems in some Nordic units since I currently don't have any.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

I guess i can set this at answered then
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.

Return to “Campaign map discussions”