Descent campaign Map 5 The Siege ANSWERED

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
vesimir

Descent campaign Map 5 The Siege ANSWERED

Post by vesimir »

First of all - Descent is definitly NOT a easy campaign :?

How to win The Siege? Castle is destroy very fast, friendly
units are converted and spam of enemy kill everything...

Please help :)
tamtam12345

Re: Descent campaign Map 5 The Siege

Post by tamtam12345 »

Trigger set the attack & armour too high. NO CHANCE TO WIN. Need to fix.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

There is a way.
But it's very luck based.

1. Start castle upgrade right away.
2. Get both crusaders and spearmen killed, but still try to get some advantage out of it (e.g. send both spearmen to kill missionary if possible), crusaders can be send out of gate to get on or two hits against broadswordsmen. Kill those unita by castle if any of them gets converted. Rangers get power boost from it.
3. Rangers and castle should only target units with biggest anti building damage (swordsmen upgrades). Try to kill in one turn. Leaving them with some health would be useless if they are in range of missionary. After power boost you can try to eliminate one or two missionaries.
4. Courier has to finish southern wayward asap. Once you got cavalry try to get 2/3 up to 3/4 of them to the castle (using southern way). The rest should act as a distraction to keep as many enemies as possible in the central area, where bomb is detonated. Target ranged units with hussars and missionaries with lancers. Do not even try a single attack vs pikemen, armored spearmen are a waste of attacks too.
5. Use castle for healing and swap units within it as long as possible, but always stand near back gate to leave escape route for 2 heroes.
End remarks:
Once you happen to be lucky and have castle and few lancers still standing by the end of 15 turn - it's a win.
Even without it you can still win, but it can be harder.
Try to save 2 or 3 lancers for dealing with cavalry (but most should be dead by the time of explosion if played right - attacking with lancers from castle).
Sometimes you can kill more units by destroying wagon, but only castle burning is really effective against it.
Prioritize attacks against swordsmen upgrades until all are destroyed, later deal with armored spearmen, then try to eliminate the rest of pikemen to have more freedom for cavalry movement.
Vikings created at 15 turn should be able to clear the map, but some hussars can be handy to finish siege machines faster.
After 20th turn prince is the engine of destruction, only turns and movement are limiting him.

Btw. I would have very hard time if not for advice of @Jerk . I hope giving this information, which I probably wouldn't get that fast(or never) without your pm is not against any sort of your personal code.
Anyway I think such info shouldn't be left as a secret.
Age of Strategy design leader
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Just decided to use my 5 minutes to this map, found something to be confirmed by forumers:

1. It happened to me that the champ (by his own will) entered a burning wagon, and after the turn it vanished along with him, however the game ended to my lose. So does he shall only be killed after turn 15+? Lol, I cannot tell him not to enter burning wagon.

2. @Endru1241 , it brought me to our discussion about area effect. Well, the prince unit has no area effect by default, right? Yet in turn 15+ he can. Does this has connection with the prince's attack so much buffed that he can perform area effect (by trigger)?

Thanks!
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

1. Just a bad luck I guess. Like I summed before - map is based on a luck. He must survive to 20 turn.
2. No. Trigger just gives him area effect (bonus to power range)
ulsca

Post by ulsca »

Endru1241 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:46 pm There is a way.
But it's very luck based.

1. Start castle upgrade right away.
I didn't find the castle upgrade. Is it still active in the map?
Endru1241

Re: Descent campaign Map 5 The Siege ANSWERED

Post by Endru1241 »

I checked and upgrade tech is still available.

Are you sure you have bought shop upgrade for it?
It's in the 9th page, 2th column (if I counted right) - under Foot Knight on the last row.
ulsca

Re: Descent campaign Map 5 The Siege ANSWERED

Post by ulsca »

Endru1241 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:35 pm I checked and upgrade tech is still available.

Are you sure you have bought shop upgrade for it?
It's in the 9th page, 2th column (if I counted right) - under Foot Knight on the last row.
Thanks a lot!

Return to “Campaign map discussions”