Descent campaign Map 4 Encirclement ANSWERED

Discuss anything about any map, ask for hints/help if you need
vesimir

Descent campaign Map 4 Encirclement ANSWERED

Post by vesimir »

Hi,

how to prevent destroying chappel in corner? :) spam of enemy killing workers / destroying walls, towers and chapell in max 3 turns ;)
tamtam12345

Re: Descent campaign Map 4 Encirclement

Post by tamtam12345 »

Terrain canal.
Sargeras

Post by Sargeras »

Hello
On turn 1 my workers only have one action (they have 5 actions after), they get killed on turn 2 and I still lose.

Is it a bug or do they really have only 1 action on turn 1 ?
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Sargeras wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:59 pm Hello
On turn 1 my workers only have one action (they have 5 actions after), they get killed on turn 2 and I still lose.
You can try terrain moat if you have difficulties. It is much easier than building canal.
Sargeras wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:59 pm Is it a bug or do they really have only 1 action on turn 1 ?
Hmm...That is trigger mechanism. I think the map creater tested it (to check it is winnable before submission). I can't say it is a bug.
Sargeras

Post by Sargeras »

Hello, even with moats : as they require more than 1 action to get built, I can't manage to build them. Moreover the most doesn't block completely the enemies.

The only way I found is to build one canal, then when I lose and retry, the canal is still there (THIS must be a bug :D ), with a builder locked in, and I build another canal. Yet I can't build the 3rd one and still lose.

Maybe it's a broken trigger ?
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

There is no triggers set wrong on this map.
I checked in map code.
It is just bad design.
The only way to preserve chapel is to build some 1 turn thing and go back (1 worked to the chapel), so that zweihanders won't kill them with splash. On 2nd turn workers get 5 actions, so it's barely enough to build 3 moats. If at the end of each turn your unit is standing on the edge of it - enemy is unable to do anything.
But then - workers are paralysed too.
And I don't see a way to win in less than 40 turns without them.
So the only way is using a bug.
That is a bad design.

Btw. The next one is also broken.
Age of Strategy design leader
Jerk

Post by Jerk »

Endru1241 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:45 pm Btw. The next one is also broken.
I finished the next one fine. What's broken? The ones I'm curious about are 7, 9 and 10. They're all A.I. lol you don't get to play at all.
Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 »

How did you manage to survive enough time for triggers to run?
I constantly get walls and gates easily destroyed by medium infantry and this freaking champion unit, which also destroys castle very quickly. Damage from rangers, even boosted by the death of guards is not enough - they are getting healed sometimes. And on some games I am not even getting the boost, because one or two units were converted.

Triggered cavalry would seem like a way to keep enemies, but
if I get cavalry to keep enemies in the center for explosion, they get destroyed too quickly to deal with anti-building infantry. If I try to break through to the north - only small part of the army goes for them. If I try to get most of them to the castle by back road - it's close to be destroyed before they can get there.
The worst are actually missionaries - hard to get by anything other than easily killed lancers and they can convert them at the top of that.
Age of Strategy design leader
Jerk

Post by Jerk »

Sent you a pm
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Got it.
I guess the map creator use the AI trick & GOOD terrain construction turn calculation. I think it is theoretically possible to win within 40 turns. Actually it is a good map(if winnable within 40 turns, will try it if have time.)

Turn 1: 1 worker build fierce horse in 3(row)/0(column), then move into chapel. (so AI will be attracted by fierce horse & not attack canal)
2 workers start building canal in 1/1 2/7 turns
Turn 2: build moat in 0/2, 2/0, finish building canal in 1/1 7/7 turns
Turn 3: build a billista ship , shoot enemy & then delete it, repeat this process.

I guess you can defend the castle & not letting templar fall if you are careful enough. ;)
Last edited by tamtam12345 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Question: where in shop is ballista ship?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:43 pm Question: where in shop is ballista ship?
Page8,last column.
tamtam12345

Re: Descent campaign Map 4 Encirclement ANSWERED

Post by tamtam12345 »

@Stratego (dev)
Impossible to win again. (moat construction time 3->5). Old strategy not worked now.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Descent campaign Map 4 Encirclement ANSWERED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thanks!

can anyone modify the map?

Return to “Campaign map discussions”