Arado 234 IMPLEMENTED

DreJaDe

Arado 234 IMPLEMENTED

Post by DreJaDe »

It's too cheap for it's cost.

This really shouldn't be 6 as even if you try to compare it to other bomber of the same price. You wouldn't get any that is the same....

It wasn't also built in numbers, mass produced or anything like that. So the @Jasondunkel logic can't be applied.

It's speed also is wrong since although it has max 742kmh, its a bomber so its always slower than it actually Is. Though it's reduced already, its just one speed which is still lacking compared to other bombers. Should instead have 9-10

It's bomb load also is wrong. Even De havilland mosquito have higher bomb load than it. Or De Havilland mosquito have the wrong stats on this part @Stratego (dev) ?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Arado 234

Post by Stratego (dev) »

moved to the new category: balancing discussions
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

others please confirm it is a balance problem also a suggestion if u have.
@TntAttack
Banzai (i dont know his user if he has one)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

?
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Idk.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

TntAttack wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:31 pmIdk.
TNT means you don't see it as a problem?
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

I haven't experienced anything negative while using it, that is, it wasn't broken when I had it and I never encountered from one whom exploit such unit in a way that I would consider op.

I think once you reach a certain point in matches, assuming similar power (points) on both sides, it's quite hard to deal much damage esp when jet fighters come into the scene.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

DreJaDe wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:37 pm It's too cheap for it's cost.

This really shouldn't be 6 as even if you try to compare it to other bomber of the same price. You wouldn't get any that is the same....

It wasn't also built in numbers, mass produced or anything like that. So the @Jasondunkel logic can't be applied.

It's speed also is wrong since although it has max 742kmh, its a bomber so its always slower than it actually Is. Though it's reduced already, its just one speed which is still lacking compared to other bombers. Should instead have 9-10

It's bomb load also is wrong. Even De havilland mosquito have higher bomb load than it. Or De Havilland mosquito have the wrong stats on this part @Stratego (dev) ?
the german and english wiki says that the max speed is 742 kmh
Since we have taken the max speed for all aircraft and not the sub-bomb load, the speed is correct so far. but we are happy to convert all bombers and fighter bombers with the bomb load speed. means that everyone will probably be slower and often there were and are no speeds with bomb loads

the bomb load both planes are different and the De Havilland DH.98 Mosquito has a higher bomb load and the power is more in the game
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Jasondunkel wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:47 am the bomb load both planes are different and the De Havilland DH.98 Mosquito has a higher bomb load and the power is more in the game
I have the latest dev version and it is stated there that mosquito have 39 damage while Arado 234 have 45 damage. They both have the same bonuses.

As for the speed. I admit that I didn't know the speed calc when I posted this.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

DreJaDe wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:04 am
Jasondunkel wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:47 am the bomb load both planes are different and the De Havilland DH.98 Mosquito has a higher bomb load and the power is more in the game
I have the latest dev version and it is stated there that mosquito have 39 damage while Arado 234 have 45 damage. They both have the same bonuses.

As for the speed. I admit that I didn't know the speed calc when I posted this.
but then something must be wrong in the json because in the xls the arado 234 has a bomb load of 1500 kg and the mosquito has a bomb load of 1810 kg, so it should be different
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i think it was a mistake: in xls mosquito has ability power 18 so i changed 13->18 now

with this the topic is closeable or need something else to change?
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

There is still the cost issue.
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

Personally, I believe it is too cheap. It's speed coupled with it's power make it close, but not blatantly OP. For me, once it's available, it's pretty much all I use because it is so mobile and has very good damage for it's production cost. There is the point that was made previously about production rate. Realistically this was not something that was mass produced and I think it's production cost should reflect that as well.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

Dahdee wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:06 am Personally, I believe it is too cheap. It's speed coupled with it's power make it close, but not blatantly OP. For me, once it's available, it's pretty much all I use because it is so mobile and has very good damage for it's production cost. There is the point that was made previously about production rate. Realistically this was not something that was mass produced and I think it's production cost should reflect that as well.
now she should replace the ju 88. and under the given circumstances and the short time, 214 built units are already a kind of mass production from my point of view.

with its low bomb load of 1500kg, it hardly has any impact on us

what about 7 rounds of production time?

I would consider 8 rounds to be very expensive
@drejade
@Tntattack
@dahdee
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Jasondunkel wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:58 pm 214 built units are already a kind of mass production from my point of view
Definitely not as most planes would be much more cheap if this is considered as mass produced.

If that 214 which is made between 1943 to 45 is considered as mass produced. Then b17 which is mass produced between 1942 to 45 would be 4 turns by now. Freak that, it might even cost only 3 turns.
Not 8 turns.

Even Ju88 will beat that at it's maximum output of 300 per month.

Like the freaking Katyusha would be 1 turn now.

Or the landing ship of allies would also be 1 turn .
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

I forgot to tell this but im ok with 7 cost.

@Stratego (dev)

I think this is finished now.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Arado 234 IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

IMPLEMENTED

Return to “Implemented/Closed”