Extra Aircraft Movement Sets

TntAttack

Extra Aircraft Movement Sets

Post by TntAttack »

Instead of an aircraft being able to fly all 12 tiles, we distribute it over multiple movement sets.

Players owns aircraft. Aircraft has ability "large movement" or "small movement" which allows it to move just a bit more.

Imagine an aircraft exiting an airport or carrier, flies a sortie over the ocean, and uses its special "large movement ability" to retreat back in the carrier.

Smaller planes esp the weaker bombers can have "smaller movement" ability. This idea would also increase the amount of bombing attacks a single target E.g . battleship, can receive.
Dahdee

Re: Extra Aircraft Movement Sets

Post by Dahdee »

Could it be easier if we were simply allowed to use all available movement at will?

Example: say you have aircraft with movement 12. Plane moves 6 tiles, engages enemy aircraft, and is allowed to use it's remaining movement to reposition.

This is something that could work for all units not just air.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Too much micro I reckon for infantry. For planes since they are more "manoeuvrable" I thought it made more sense.

Tanks, although it would be cool to blitzkrieg, might disadvantage infantry even more.
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

TntAttack wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:37 am Too much micro I reckon for infantry. For planes since they are more "manoeuvrable" I thought it made more sense.

Tanks, although it would be cool to blitzkrieg, might disadvantage infantry even more.
If you take into account the way you can continue movement after surprise, it's really just the same thing. The only difference would be having a surprise encounter is not necessary.

The only necessity would be surviving the initial encounter.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

TntAttack wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:31 am Instead of an aircraft being able to fly all 12 tiles, we distribute it over multiple movement sets.

Players owns aircraft. Aircraft has ability "large movement" or "small movement" which allows it to move just a bit more.

Imagine an aircraft exiting an airport or carrier, flies a sortie over the ocean, and uses its special "large movement ability" to retreat back in the carrier.

Smaller planes esp the weaker bombers can have "smaller movement" ability. This idea would also increase the amount of bombing attacks a single target E.g . battleship, can receive.
can you describe how it should look like in the game based on the movement of 12 titles
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

Dahdee wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:46 pm Could it be easier if we were simply allowed to use all available movement at will?

Example: say you have aircraft with movement 12. Plane moves 6 tiles, engages enemy aircraft, and is allowed to use it's remaining movement to reposition.

This is something that could work for all units not just air.
It's a good idea, in the infantry it's already being used for a few units. I would want to use that if not for all units. in the case of aircraft... i would give it to fighter planes and fighter-bombers and then i would give it to reconnaissance vehicles such as the Peugeot 202, Panhard_178 or SD KFZ 234/4 Puma
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

Jasondunkel wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:42 pm in the case of aircraft... i would give it to fighter planes and fighter-bombers and then i would give it to reconnaissance vehicles such as the Peugeot 202, Panhard_178 or SD KFZ 234/4 Puma
Yes. Others as well, but these are excellent examples of units that should be able to use this if implemented.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Jasondunkel wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:35 pm
TntAttack wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:31 am Instead of an aircraft being able to fly all 12 tiles, we distribute it over multiple movement sets.

can you describe how it should look like in the game based on the movement of 12 titles
I scrapped this idea. I like Dahdee's idea more. I even opened a thread about this, in AoWw, others, Unrestricted Unit Movement.

But for the the consensus is pretty even among aircraft, recon vehicles to have Unrestricted movement.

Return to “Balancing discussions”