Should the game calculate the operational range?

DreJaDe

Should the game calculate the operational range?

Post by DreJaDe »

I feel like this shouldn't be calculated.
Reasons.
1. No concept of gas in game
-even if it does, some countries just bypass this and can have lower operational range because they have enough supply.

2. Not being true to their speed and use.
-some tanks who should have been fast are not being faster than they should, and tanks that are really slow became much faster.

Thoughts
@TntAttack
@Jasondunkel
@Stratego (dev)
@SS-Jericho
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Should the game calculate the operational range?

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it should, literally because we have no fuel in game :)
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:07 am it should, literally because we have no fuel in game :)
The problem is that many tanks are not being used the way they are intended or tanks that should have been faster or slower than the other became opposite.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

This is one of those optimisations that would benefit some mechanic, but screw up the others. The best way to balance units in the game right now would be currency system, however it doesn't seem be possible.

However, the operational range of aircraft on the other hand, is something that I found more appealing to entertain.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

TntAttack wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:32 am However, the operational range of aircraft on the other hand, is something that I found more appealing to entertain
It kinda doesn't matter to the game btw...
Aircraft have a really long operational range and calculating some of them I think would be either so high against others or so low.

Like the mustang that has 2500 km operational range. It can cross France TWICE which I think can't even be properly represented in game.

Still not calculating but with that range and adding that to calculation to the in game speed. Mustang might suddenly have the same speed as me262 jet which is bad.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

On a slightly unrelated note, what do you think of aircraft getting 2 movement options and possibly an additional attack?

E.g a fighter a move twice and attack once or move once and attack twice.
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

TntAttack wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:43 pm On a slightly unrelated note, what do you think of aircraft getting 2 movement options and possibly an additional attack?

E.g a fighter a move twice and attack once or move once and attack twice.
That would really throw off the balance

Be better if the fighters could just use their full movement even if they attack.

For example a fighter has 5 movement left when it attacks. It destroyed it's target and is free to advance the remaining 5 tiles toward it's next target.

Return to “Balancing discussions”