SMG damage

Jasondunkel

SMG damage

Post by Jasondunkel »

I want to lower the SMG damage.

if as many tanks as here were destroyed with weapons like here in the game, no nation would have wanted and had to develop anti-tank cannons and weapons like the Panzerfaust or bazooka. these weapons fall far short.

when reducing the damage I think around 10 damage points.

maybe with the Panzerfaust and bazooka then a small bonus of 5 damage plus
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: SMG damage

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i agree, i won my last match by literally only using smg infantry on land, they are too versatile now

i mean both grenade abilities of all infantries:
- i would reduce anti tank mine damage
- and also i would reduce anti personell grenade damage too.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:19 pm - and also i would reduce anti personell grenade damage too.
This is literally my suggestion!

Pls see the link
http://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic. ... 78&t=12676

This is more based on history and tried to work on it so that it could fit the nation better also.
Jasondunkel wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:49 pm I want to lower the SMG damage.
As for this. Can you wait till I try to make a proper damage reduction like how I did with my other suggestion?

And look first at my other infantry suggestion?
Jasondunkel wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:49 pm if as many tanks as here were destroyed with weapons like here in the game, no nation would have wanted and had to develop anti-tank cannons and weapons like the Panzerfaust or bazooka. these weapons fall far short.
I don't think this make sense anymore after the tank armor update that based on you, should have been a counter update to my suggestion to increase the anti tank grenade damages (WHICH IS STILL IN PENDING)

If the suggestion is to reduce the anti tank skill damage then I don't agree at all.

Like Im literally not able to build so many tanks without repercussion. Further reducing the skill damage will make the tank population equal to infantry which is NOT GOOD.
Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:19 pm i agree, i won my last match by literally only using smg infantry on land, they are too versatile now
I don't think this is true anymore also unless you are dealing with weak players. Most of my opponent uses SMG only as a versatile unit but not as main unit. Many of us uses it only in COMBINATION but you cannot just win with it.

We can have a match so I can show to you things that other people might have not done.

As one of the better players in game. I can assure that.

A. SMG ANTI TANK ABILITY ARE QUITE WEAKER AND NOT AS EFFECTIVE AS BEFORE AND THE DAMAGE SHOULD BE INCREASED INSTEAD.

B. THEY ARE NOT GAME BREAKING NOW BUT JUST A GOOD ADDITION TO COMBINATION TACTICS.

C. TANKS ARE QUITE MORE POWERFUL NOW THAT SMG ARENT ENOUGH NOW TO COUNTER THEM.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Pls look here for my SMG anti tank damage suggestion also.

http://www.ageofstrategy.net/viewtopic. ... 7&start=30

Return to “Balancing discussions”