Mines and Tank Traps

TntAttack

Mines and Tank Traps

Post by TntAttack »

So it occurred to me that units have pretty cool effects e.g. officers and subs (high morale and submerge).

So instead of making mines a building,
1. Make it a new sprite for each terrain and give bonuses.
2. Alter building properties to allow units to walk on it.

I am under the assumption 2 is the way to go, so I will be discussing 2.

Units that transverse these fields take damage e.g. 15 damage. To remove it, engineers have to remove the terrain like with obstacles (although making it quicker e.g. 1 turn removal would be more ideal).

Each time a unit is damaged on landmines, decrease the landmine effect duration or health e.g. like with the subs and their submerging.

Same for naval mines, just different bonuses and if you are bothered you can give them an AI movement of 1 as to depict mines moving randomly due to currents.

Note: Mines should be a neutral unit. Maybe give scouts a mine scouting ability to prevent mine damage nearby him e.g. like the officer morale.

What do you guys think.

Edit: Oh, right this is the balancing thread. Cough cough ahem!

Mines are quite annoying to use because they limit unit mobility. Making mines more of a terrain effect makes more sense for balancing purposes.

Edit 2: I realised there was a separate thread made discussing about fixing mines already. And this idea would make it redundant haha.
Last edited by TntAttack on Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DreJaDe

Re: Mines and Tank Traps

Post by DreJaDe »

TntAttack wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:41 am So instead of making mines a building,
I'm not sure I'm understanding what you mean but if I'm not wrong, you want to make it like a bridge where units can walk to?

I believe that if this is true, they can be occupied by the player who walks on it and there are no buts to it. Though I also believe that they can still apply negative buff to the unit in the same position as them but the player would then be able to just remove it since they own it so I think this is a bad idea.

Another way is to make it as decoration which is definitely a no! Complicated.
TntAttack wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:41 am Each time a unit is damaged on landmines, decrease the landmine effect duration or health e.g. like with the subs and their submerging.
I don't understand this quite well but if I'm not wrong, you want mines to be walk onto and each time they walk on it, the mines would get weaker? There's really no use to this.
TntAttack wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:41 am Same for naval mines, just different bonuses and if you are bothered you can give them an AI movement of 1 as to depict mines moving randomly due to currents.

Note: Mines should be a neutral unit. Maybe give scouts a mine scouting ability to prevent mine damage nearby him e.g. like the officer morale.
This is a good idea but I don't think it's possible to summon mine that is neutral.

Though mines really shouldn't have any sight but 1. Cause currently, they are being used like scout.
TntAttack

Re: Mines and Tank Traps

Post by TntAttack »

DreJaDe wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:42 am
TntAttack wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:41 am So instead of making mines a building,
I'm not sure I'm understanding what you mean but if I'm not wrong, you want to make it like a bridge where units can walk to?

I believe that if this is true, they can be occupied by the player who walks on it and there are no buts to it. Though I also believe that they can still apply negative buff to the unit in the same position as them but the player would then be able to just remove it since they own it so I think this is a bad idea.

Another way is to make it as decoration which is definitely a no! Complicated.
Correct! You have worded it better my friend.
TntAttack wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:41 am Each time a unit is damaged on landmines, decrease the landmine effect duration or health e.g. like with the subs and their submerging.
I don't understand this quite well but if I'm not wrong, you want mines to be walk onto and each time they walk on it, the mines would get weaker? There's really no use to this.
TntAttack wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:41 am Same for naval mines, just different bonuses and if you are bothered you can give them an AI movement of 1 as to depict mines moving randomly due to currents.

This is a good idea but I don't think it's possible to summon mine that is neutral.

Though mines really shouldn't have any sight but 1. Cause currently, they are being used like scout.
[/quote]

The idea was that for every unit that trips the mine attack damage upon walking on it, that the mines ALIVE counter gets subtracted by 1.

Thus the mines wouldn't exist everywhere permanently and make walking troops a problem.

Return to “Balancing discussions”