tanks and tank hunters armor

Jasondunkel

tanks and tank hunters armor

Post by Jasondunkel »

As part of the changes to anti-tank weapons, I would like to increase the armor of tanks and tank destroyers. That would emphasize the difference between light medium and heavy tanks a little bit more

@SS-Jerchio
@TnTAttack
@Drejade
@Dahdee
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: tanks and tank hunters armor

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, write you thoughts, details.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

I kinda don't understand where this is going...

Though just to tell my thoughts. In my suggestions about the AT changes, they were made with the thought of the current armor... Changing them to adapt to that changes... Wouldn't that just invalidate the change?

Also, aren't we already doing that in considering the damage? In most AT, there are difference between damage against light and medium...

Though to be honest, I do want a recalculation of Light tanks to better survive against infantry. Like the Japanese light tanks being so useless though the problem to this is that it might just make the late light tanks more OP.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

DreJaDe wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:01 pm I kinda don't understand where this is going...

Though just to tell my thoughts. In my suggestions about the AT changes, they were made with the thought of the current armor... Changing them to adapt to that changes... Wouldn't that just invalidate the change?

Also, aren't we already doing that in considering the damage? In most AT, there are difference between damage against light and medium...

Though to be honest, I do want a recalculation of Light tanks to better survive against infantry. Like the Japanese light tanks being so useless though the problem to this is that it might just make the late light tanks more OP.
I would increase armor by about 40%

this means for the tanks e.g
M3 Stuart now has 3 and goes to 5
M5 Stuart now has 4 going to 6
Sherman now has 5 going to 7
sherman jumbo now has 10 going to 15
t29 heavy tank now has 18 going to 28

that would work very well with your suggestions from drejade
and the different tanks work better
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Honestly I feel like the slower the tank in this game, the more redundant it is and the best ratio to speed and cost are the 4 turns medium tanks.

Which are then completely destroyed by the 3 turn anti tank tanks, which is destroyed by the 2 turn smg.

So I 100% agree with this idea about bluff tanks. Make it so that players will struggle to defend against tanks without antitank guns. And make it so that heavy tanks can take a few hits before dying.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

TntAttack wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:53 am Honestly I feel like the slower the tank in this game, the more redundant it is and the best ratio to speed and cost are the 4 turns medium tanks.

Which are then completely destroyed by the 3 turn anti tank tanks, which is destroyed by the 2 turn smg.

So I 100% agree with this idea about bluff tanks. Make it so that players will struggle to defend against tanks without antitank guns. And make it so that heavy tanks can take a few hits before dying.
okay then I'll do it first as I said for all tanks about 40% increase in armor.
we'll see how that works.
If it doesn't quite work that way, we can change something again
and yes, ww2 is actually known for its tank battles, but at the moment it's more infantry or air battles
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Jasondunkel wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:44 pm and yes, ww2 is actually known for its tank battles, but at the moment it's more infantry or air battles
I don't know how you work but for me, tank battles are a common thing though as much as possible. I'm using the German and ally tactics where I don't face enemy tanks with my tanks until I have an overwhelming advantage.

Though for the topic itself... This will definitely invalidate the anti tank bonus of MG all to more the M2 MG.... And, their anti tank wasn't put in game... As expected.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Jasondunkel wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:44 pm and yes, ww2 is actually known for its tank battles, but at the moment it's more infantry or air battles
i agree here, i would also emphasize tanks in game, it was at first but than the infantry was useless but it should not be that infantry is more important than tanks - i mean in game, everyone loves tanks (at least i think, as i saw many "only tanks" games)
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Jasondunkel wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:11 pm As part of the changes to anti-tank weapons, I would like to increase the armor of tanks and tank destroyers. That would emphasize the difference between light medium and heavy tanks a little bit more

@SS-Jerchio
@TnTAttack
@Drejade
@Dahdee
Here is when you made this suggestion Jason. But like I said in chat. We still don't have the anti tank weapons buff and this was already implemented.

Return to “Balancing discussions”