air defense range

Jasondunkel

air defense range

Post by Jasondunkel »

I would like to adjust the range of the air defense.
at the moment it has a greater range than ship artillery. although the range of the ship's artillery is sometimes more than 40 km and the air defense
a) have managed a maximum of approx. 20 km
b) they shot upwards

As a result, the shortest distance would be 2, the highest would be 5

In addition, there is the adjustment of the bonuses where the short-range guns for the fighter pilots and fighter-bombers are adjusted and the long-range guns get the bonuses against bombers.

and in addition it would now be recorded in an xls equation, which it wasn't before

@stratego
@drejade
@tntattack
@ss-jerchio
@Dahdee
DreJaDe

Re: air defense range

Post by DreJaDe »

First off
Correct the xls first for their range.
There's literally no german flaks that reached 20km max altitude. The max alt they some have is 15km.

So literally, no one would qualify as 5 range.

Second no
You literally want bofors to be 2 range? That's freaking useless. It's max attack wasn't even properly calculated. Just comparing it to double barrel flak 40 will still make bofors have 4 attacks and it's upgrade 6.

Third
The use of logic is not sound.
Eg
Ships can literally outrun planes in game
Infantry have same speed as some planes

This is not balanced for other AAs
Jasondunkel wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:00 pm In addition, there is the adjustment of the bonuses where the short-range guns for the fighter pilots and fighter-bombers are adjusted and the long-range guns get the bonuses against bombers.
I'm okay with this.
SS-Jericho

Post by SS-Jericho »

Yep, AA only has a speed of 1 and is very vulnerable to most attacks compared to ships. So range changes would not do any good.

Speaking of AA, why does the soviet 85mm AA has the same damage bonus as the 76mm AA. Despite the 85mm having less muzzle velocity, It still has a higher blast than the 76mm. Also, why is it an upgrade (just a question) since they are different guns; they just happen to look the same.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

If we could increase the speed of aa e.g. 2 movement on roads and if possible on all urban structures/terrain I can see this occurring that is, a minor range nerf is possible.

But as Drejade has pointed out, decreasing the aa range to more realistic values will not work.
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

TntAttack wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 2:32 pm But as Drejade has pointed out, decreasing the aa range to more realistic values will not work.
DreJaDe wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:57 pm bofors to be 2 range? That's freaking useless. It's max attack wasn't even properly calculated. Just comparing it to double barrel flak 40 will still make bofors have 4 attacks and it's upgrade 6.
I don't like the main suggestion. DreJaDe has a perfect example here of the reason, and it's not just the Bofors, which, please don't make it worse in game than it is, but others as well (everyone but Germany :lol: ). But I do like this:
Jasondunkel wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:00 pm there is the adjustment of the bonuses where the short-range guns for the fighter pilots and fighter-bombers are adjusted and the long-range guns get the bonuses against bombers.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

ok so it won't be changed.

but I find the ranges of higher 6 than too far

so what about a maximum range limit of 6?

and we could also give the small aa that weigh a maximum of 5 tons a speed of 2
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Jasondunkel wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:02 am ok so it won't be changed.

but I find the ranges of higher 6 than too far

so what about a maximum range limit of 6?

and we could also give the small aa that weigh a maximum of 5 tons a speed of 2

What about small artillery as well while you are at it? And yes it sounds good. 👍
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Still can't agree with range.

Remembering this logic, didn't they limit the range of ships only because they have way too much back then.

This is not really the same problem. And I don't agree with having a set limit.

Making them faster will just make it more inaccurate. Most of those AA are stationary. Now you want them to move normally faster without being towed?

I'm okay with roads making then faster but not really the thought of making them normally faster.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

DreJaDe wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:23 pm Still can't agree with range.

Remembering this logic, didn't they limit the range of ships only because they have way too much back then.

This is not really the same problem. And I don't agree with having a set limit.

Making them faster will just make it more inaccurate. Most of those AA are stationary. Now you want them to move normally faster without being towed?

I'm okay with roads making then faster but not really the thought of making them normally faster.
Could you agree if we give the aa's first strike again. but only after the bonuses are adjusted?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes, aa was given first strike so bombers can not kill them that easily.
i agree
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:15 pm yes, aa was given first strike so bombers can not kill them that easily.
i agree
Correct me if I am wrong, but first strike doesn't even work because the bombers use their ability, not an direct attack on aa. Are you aware of this?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

you are right...
that is not so good than...

maybe we should make counter attack agasisnt abilities too... but we dont have that option yet.

Return to “Balancing discussions”