Perhaps we nerf concrete arty/aa too much? IMPLEMENTED

TntAttack

Perhaps we nerf concrete arty/aa too much? IMPLEMENTED

Post by TntAttack »

I feel like the direction with the flamethrower was a step forward, but there has to be an incentive to place down such towers for there to be any use.

I am thinking bringing back the 2 attacks actions it formerly had.

Alternative, if any of you guys rather want to take this opportunity to overhaul the concrete arty/aa by design and introduce other ideas....

E.g.
1. Give other nations their versions of the German flak towers instead of the current concrete aa with its puny range (4).

2. Perhaps we can also give all nations their own version of coastal arty as well.

3. Can we scrap concrete arty/aa and just let engineers build bases? Like a 2 by 2 or (1 for simplicity sake) concrete base that can train infantry and make arty?

4. Off topic, but can we upgrade cities like in AoM? E.g settlement, town, city... This idea might/should change multiplayer only without affecting present singleplayer maps as they all require remaking every map, which is something I imagine most wouldn't touch with a 3 foot stick.
Dahdee

Re: Perhaps we nerf concrete arty/aa too much?

Post by Dahdee »

First... :lol: second...yeah. bring back the 2 attacks. IDK about the thing about giving everyone a flak tower. The flak tower is the German Mega. I would not be against improving the AA of others, but some like Maginot line can attack things other than planes and the German one can not so that kind of thing has to be considered if you make changes (although that's a bad example because it's got the highest damage period also with AA). My point is there is a limitation on the amount of those pesky flak towers that a German or Axis player can build. So, comparing the dinky concrete AA everyone has to the German Mega is kind of a comparison of apples and oranges.
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

Also, I like your option number 3. That would be pure awesome :D
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

As for coastal artillery, most nations have unimplemented guns that were coastal defense weapons. It's not a garrisoned complex thing like the British one, but if those are implemented that would be sweet too. Most were static, so no reason you couldn't make the units include a simple garrisonable bunker as part of the unit. They would all have required a gun crew and storage for the ammo anyhow. Do that, and you'd have what you are suggesting.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

shall i quickly do this?
SS-Jericho

Post by SS-Jericho »

Or we could just add damage bonus to infantry and non-heavy tanks

150% bonus to infantry + 27
100% bonus to non-heavy tanks +18

Tnt, is your example 1 and 3; about nerfing/changing mega buildings?
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:41 pm
shall i quickly do this?
Yea, probably if no one complains. It's okay if riflemen could start the construction of the concrete tower e.g. 1 rifleman, 3 engineer combo, but now that they can't, it's better to just allow them to have 2 attack actions.

Note that they don't have a miss chance anymore, so it should compensate for riflemen's lack of ability to build them.
SS-Jericho wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:58 pm Or we could just add damage bonus to infantry and non-heavy tanks

150% bonus to infantry + 27
100% bonus to non-heavy tanks +18

Tnt, is your example 1 and 3; about nerfing/changing mega buildings?
I think having 2 attack actions gives players more freedom to choose is more preferable then having an single op attack.

Also, example 1 is introducing new/improved aa towers to combat the German's flak towers.

Mobilisation Base Idea

Example 3 was thought of on the spot ish. I have been itching for mobilisation building that I can stack units together to assault an enemy back. I don't suppose we could do something like this.
- 2 by 2 tile (or one is fine, just trying to standardised it with mega buildings, I prefer smaller mega buildings) that have the ability to produce infantry, light aircraft and arty.
- Has an airfield so it could store air units.
- Perhaps to balance it out (as to distinguish it from mega buildings) it has to be supplied by transport/supply trucks in order to produce units.
- Has a light aa attack, and can hold 5 units??? (Debatable)

The Town Industry Building Idea

In the same note, if we can't replicate the settlement/towns/cities system from AoM, how about forcing players to build airports and tank factory in towns before they can build such advance machinery.

(Obviously we can set it so that our starting capital city has everything, and other cities may have some "industry" randomly allocated)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok i make 2 attack again.
all other ideas please put in new posts (as this is a balancing topic about concrete AA)
SS-Jericho

Post by SS-Jericho »

Okay then 2 turn attack is better.

I was thinking 2 turns is a lot more annoying cause it gives more option what to shoot, thus buffing it will force you to defend it a lot since one flamer sweep it can be used against you which is a lot more annoying. But I think its a lot more balance.

Why do you want to combat german flak towers? It has the same stat as other mega building. And its one of the mega building that cant build infantry.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

SS-Jericho wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:35 pm Okay then 2 turn attack is better.

I was thinking 2 turns is a lot more annoying cause it gives more option what to shoot, thus buffing it will force you to defend it a lot since one flamer sweep it can be used against you which is a lot more annoying. But I think its a lot more balance.

Why do you want to combat german flak towers? It has the same stat as other mega building. And its one of the mega building that cant build infantry.
Ayah ai, I apologise for this miscommunication. I meant the Flakzwilling 40 towers... I call them flake towers for short because it's easier to remember.
DreJaDe

Re: Perhaps we nerf concrete arty/aa too much? IMPLEMENTED

Post by DreJaDe »

So basically, it's now more OP than before.... Kindà....

I'll just see through this.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

TntAttack wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:20 pm In the same note, if we can't replicate the settlement/towns/cities system from AoM, how about forcing players to build airports and tank factory in towns before they can build such advance machinery.
I believe this is possible through techs

Calling it like Build Airport in town.

Then make the tech like the industry tech and make the planes or tanks only appear on the town when the tech is researched.

Though I don't know if this can be separated per town.

Another problem is that also that they are towns and not cities. You don't usually build airport nor tank factory in them.

Another one is that it's not really needed for now. I think this could be a good idea for a building overhaul of there's gonna be one so it can be a really great update.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

if we can't replicate the settlement/towns/cities system from AoM
we can, only restriction is that all should remain 1x1 tile sized.

Return to “Balancing discussions”