Il 2 should be a 5 turn unit and its upgrade

DreJaDe

Il 2 should be a 5 turn unit and its upgrade

Post by DreJaDe »

As the most produce aircraft in the war. I think it's just right.

It doesn't really do much damage anyway so I think it's fine. It's definitely so much more outclassed by other 6 turn fighter bombers also.
Jasondunkel

Re: Il 2 should be a 5 turn unit and its upgrade

Post by Jasondunkel »

DreJaDe wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:57 am As the most produce aircraft in the war. I think it's just right.

It doesn't really do much damage anyway so I think it's fine. It's definitely so much more outclassed by other 6 turn fighter bombers also.
I don't really want to change anything about the costs here, since the Germans found this aircraft to be very tough with strong armor. I would want to change something in the armor and weaponry. the IL 2 already has high armor as a fighter-bomber in our game. the first two variants have armor 4, the last armor 5. i would give all variants a +1 in the armor and in the xls i saw the bomb load is a bit too little in the xls are 500kg but 600kg i.e. the bomb damage would be better

and I would then want to give the last variant the air floor rockets because they used that
so it should stay at 6
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

so as i understand this plane would be costier than other planes by default (being stronger in stats)
but considering mass production it can be same cost?

am i right in understanding?
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:25 pm so as i understand this plane would be costier than other planes by default (being stronger in stats)
Not at all.

What Jason wanted to buff it's stats but not change the cost.

What I want is to make it's cost same as fighters as this was the most produced aircraft in the game. There are literally more Il2 than all Messerschmitt 109 made that is both used on Eastern and western front while il2 was only used on the eastern which makes the gap even more relevant to mention. Even including the fact that Me109 was their main fighter? The gap became even more relevant.

I think it's just fair to show that In game even with the stats buff besides that armor one. That's kinda too much already as the current fighter damage isn't that great that it became opposite that Ground AA is now better than fighter planes.
Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:25 pm but considering mass production it can be same cost?

Yes, it's as you say.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sounds good

we can decide ifwe want to show mass prodcution or better the armor
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:25 pm so as i understand this plane would be costier than other planes by default (being stronger in stats)
but considering mass production it can be same cost?

Jason wrote this about my post:
The result you give is correct.
after the changes have been applied to the armour +1 in all variants. i will send you the xls tomorrow.
the germans said about this aircraft that it was very robust and difficult to shoot down. in addition, they later used air-to-surface missiles for this aircraft. what we then give the IL-10 and the slight increase in the bomb load makes it quite strong.
SS-Jericho

Post by SS-Jericho »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:49 pm
sounds good

we can decide ifwe want to show mass prodcution or better the armor
All of the above :D

Return to “Balancing discussions”