America should have ranged artillery at industry 1

Dahdee

America should have ranged artillery at industry 1

Post by Dahdee »

America should have access to artillery with range at industry 1. They began the war with a MASSIVE surplus of artillery and ammunition from WW1. Currently the only artillery class weapon available to America at industry 1 is an AT gun with range of 1. Currently the game is representing America as unable to fire a howitzer until halfway through the war!
Jasondunkel

Re: America should have ranged artillery at industry 1

Post by Jasondunkel »

Dahdee wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:31 pm America should have access to artillery with range at industry 1. They began the war with a MASSIVE surplus of artillery and ammunition from WW1. Currently the only artillery class weapon available to America at industry 1 is an AT gun with range of 1. Currently the game is representing America as unable to fire a howitzer until halfway through the war!
you can suggest some and bring them in with a wiki link
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

Ok. I will add to units topic after I get the info for each.
Jasondunkel

Post by Jasondunkel »

Dahdee wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:55 am Ok. I will add to units topic after I get the info for each.
First of all, it would be enough to call the unit and as I said, a wiki link or something else that stands up to scrutiny
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i can not decide here if it is balance problem, i feel maybe not, just a suggestion.

so is it balance problem? or shall i move it out of balance section?
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:21 pm i can not decide here if it is balance problem, i feel maybe not, just a suggestion.

so is it balance problem? or shall i move it out of balance section?
I feel it is a balance issue. The only unit America has access to that can hit at range until industry 2 is the now nerfed concrete artillery. No other nation lacks ranged artillery at industry 1. That is why I do feel it is a balance issue.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Jasondunkel wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:03 pm
Dahdee wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:55 am Ok. I will add to units topic after I get the info for each.
First of all, it would be enough to call the unit and as I said, a wiki link or something else that stands up to scrutiny
have u received any suggestion onf gun type? if so pelase tell me so i can put in game -thanks!
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

https://www.historyonthenet.com/ww2-artillery Some suggestions ranging 75mm to 155mm says when fielded by US ranging from 1920's to 1930's, so industry 1.
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

Here is another. French designed and in service with US as well. Very long range, surplus from WW1 and in service through 1945. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_de_155_mm_GPF
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

@Jasondunkel @Stratego (dev) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_d ... _Schneider M1918 variant see under operators United States
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

In addition to those 2 specific units I put a Wikipedia link to, there are also siege guns, coastal artillery, railway guns, and fortification guns. I chose to add the links to those 2 French designed weapons because of their mobility. The other large guns, howitzers, and siege mortars are not really mobile. With the exception of the railway guns, but I didn't put link to those, as the train units have not really been implemented in the game yet. There are also AT 90 mm guns, but since the US already has them at industry 1, I ignored those as well. There is also a small very portable mountain gun used against infantry, but my suggestion for adding an industry 1 artillery for balance is about giving the US a weapon with range of more than one tile at the beginning of a match.
Dahdee

Post by Dahdee »

BTW, the M1918 would also qualify as lend/lease. The British used lend/leased M1918 in Africa.

Return to “Balancing discussions”