Elves Mounted Archer to Follow Mounting Rule CLOSED

Aral_Yaren

Elves Mounted Archer to Follow Mounting Rule CLOSED

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Elves melee mounting unit via ability raise their considerable attack (esp. with eagle, peryton, tiger and both unicorn species) and hp value. This is good as elves has no tier upgrade. But no the case with their ranged unit. All of them (incl. glade) don't benefit attack increase while mounted.

These mounted ranged unit are also to follow these rule in attack increase. The scheme I suggest:

Standard elves (eagle and unicorn) +1 or +2 from the base attack
Glade elves (unicorn, tiger and peryton) +2 or +3 from the base attack.

Thanks.
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
makazuwr32

Re: Elves Mounted Archer to Follow Mounting Rule

Post by makazuwr32 »

No attack increase in case of ranged elves when mounting is intended.

Glad aegis and glade sentry get extra power base when mounting by the way.

Alas because we are planning to rework power base for all races it actually might be good alternative to power base.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

Could you tell which one mounted version of aegis and sentry that raise their power base from 48 (aegis) and 43 (sentry) with extra power base?
There shall be times... when people across the world shall live in peace and harmony through their various diversities. I shall wait for it, even though it costs my life...
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

All 3 but by different amounts depending on mount.
Same for both aegis and sentry and depends only on mount.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Aral_Yaren

Post by Aral_Yaren »

NO

Glade Aegis and Glade Sentry turn out that they have not any EXTRA POWER BASE when mounting all animal available. Here is what I got from Unit Stat Section and Map Editor.

Sentry
Hp 80 Atk 43 Rn 2-7 Ar 4/4

Tiger Sentry
Hp 130 Atk 43 Rn 2-6 Ar 4/4

Unicorn Sentry
Hp 150 Atk 43 Rn 2-6 Ar 8/8

Peryton Sentry
Hp 160 Atk 43 Rn 2-6 Ar 4/4

The same case with Aegis which has no EXTRA POWER BASE when mounted.

PS: I'm sorry for capslock, my device hasn't bold letter and it's faster this way than using forum's editor.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Power base is not shown in unit stats.
You must chech them against some units with excessive amount of p. Armor — for example against battering ram with even more piercing armor given via triggers.

I must remind that Power Base IS NOT ATTACK POWER OF UNIT. They are not same things.

By default all units have various attack power — it may be 5, 20, 60 or even 135.
But most units by default have value of power base defined as 1.

Power base is amount of minimal possible damage unit can deal if attack of this unit is significantly lower than armor of attacked unit. By default this value is 1 (so even fairy with 3 attack can do 1 damage to defender mammoth with 40+ armor).

Glade sentry and glade aegis will get this exact value increased when mounted. NOT ATTACK.

Upd.: Actually i am slightly wrong here as well — Aegis and Sentry both do not get by default extra power base when mounting. But they do get it via abilities of mounts.
Tiger ability gives +6 power base, peryton ability gives +8 power base, unicorn ability gives +10 power base.

Not that it is important anymore though since we are going to revamp usage of power base in general anyway.
And both aegis and sentry will be stripped off from power base.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

pleae others confirm if this is a balance problem
Vladneral

Post by Vladneral »

Not a problem for me.

Return to “Closed ones”