Age of Fantasy Balancing tweaks

Marschall

Age of Fantasy Balancing tweaks

Post by Marschall »

Hello! I was directed here by the developer, to discuss balance in the game regarding potential competitive play.

He informed me that balance is kind of a known area that needs work, well, I want to offer to balance your game for you!
I've already started balance testing, ( 74) total tests, and have a lot of findings to publish.

Most of what is needed is simple and easy to do ( stat changes and slight function calibration for certain units, and buildings.)

None of the fixes require any actual coding, just changing some numbers around basically
makazuwr32

Re: Age of Fantasy Balancing tweaks

Post by makazuwr32 »

We will look onto your balancing suggestion but no promises that it will be put in if we will count all major planned stuff — magic update and buildings update.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Marschall

Post by Marschall »

Ok! I'm trying to post images but it says the file is too large
Marschall

Post by Marschall »

Without pictures available, I can just tell you that what I'm trying to show you is that in the early game (the first 15 turns of a map) the current state of balance is simply this: if it's a small map where players spawn near each other, go elf- if the other guy does not, he loses.

If the map is a small map but not spawned near each other, undead will win as long as the other guy isn't undead, basically 100% of the time...

Openers ( in competitive play that's what we call the first few decisions made in a game, they're called openers) are very important to Tournaments. All the races should have equal presence no matter the map size. What we have right now will lead people to changing race based on map size in tournaments, which is bad. It's bad because viewers don't want to watch 6 undead fighting over one map, and then 6 orcs on another map, because each race is suited for different map sizes and styles.

Instead what we need is each race to have a viable opener for every map circumstance, while keeping their distinctly different playstyles
Jerryqian39

Post by Jerryqian39 »

https://discord.gg/nG9xPqdF here is the discord link for the age of games you can post image in aof multiplayer.
As for early game problem in the tonamament we current have we limit the map we can choose and fixed race which you can only use one race through out the ornament.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Marschall wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:22 pm Ok! I'm trying to post images but it says the file is too large
You can upload the picture to another site (ex: discord) and put the link here with the [img] tag.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Marschall

Post by Marschall »

Just making sure everyone knows, this thread is not accurate, so disregard the previous comments.

Discussion here for the elf balance suggestions will take place after the current patches are implemented!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i close this one, and please open separate topic with each problem and hopefully with a suggestion too (son one topic = one problem, not a list of problems - thanks!)

Return to “Closed ones”