Engine: Engine to support Currency?

TntAttack

Engine: Engine to support Currency?

Post by TntAttack »

I just discovered today that there was a unity version in the works.

I got several questions, but this forum doesn't have a introduction paragraph or a readme note so I'm still a be confused.

I'm from AoW variant, and I guess the idea I am pitching is more so revelant for AoW.

As you may or may not know, the economy in AoW is much different compared to AoS whereas the gap between units is either too close or too distinct. E.g. Tank A and Tank B, same cost, B has slightly better stats to reflect history. A is redundant.

Another example is big naval units like battleships and carriers that can pummel you and build aircraft respectively.

One idea was to add additional currencies however the old engine didn't support this.

I was wondering if perhaps in this new unity version, the dev could add currency support in case down the line AoW or some other variant or mod might require it so.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Engine to support Currency?

Post by Stratego (dev) »

the porting does not include changing the core-core engine itself.
only the viual parts being reworked (as those can not be ported, like how ui work and multiselect and such).

in core-core i mean everythign that used in unit / effect and other jsons, so the core internal logic.

if talk about as curreny (in android version too as that is a core thing) i thought of having non integer turn counts maybe? so eg. a tank can be 4 turn another tank can be 4.5 turn, and when ready factory still have 0.5 production in it so next same tank will be cheaper by 1 turn.

not that nice as currency but maybe similar a little.
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:39 am if talk about as curreny (in android version too as that is a core thing) i thought of having non integer turn counts maybe? so eg. a tank can be 4 turn another tank can be 4.5 turn, and when ready factory still have 0.5 production in it so next same tank will be cheaper by 1 turn.

I don't see the difference between a 4.5 turn tank and a 5 turn tank sorry.

Perhaps an advance micro controller like trigger system might be enough for players to build their own, but that too probably involves changing some core logic.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

TntAttack wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:25 pm
Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:39 am if talk about as curreny (in android version too as that is a core thing) i thought of having non integer turn counts maybe? so eg. a tank can be 4 turn another tank can be 4.5 turn, and when ready factory still have 0.5 production in it so next same tank will be cheaper by 1 turn.

I don't see the difference between a 4.5 turn tank and a 5 turn tank sorry.

Perhaps an advance micro controller like trigger system might be enough for players to build their own, but that too probably involves changing some core logic.
and i see the difference:
when you produce en masse for example 4 units in a row difference between 5 turns cost and 4.5 will be feelable in full 2 turns.

Alas i would suggest to add such function not only for normal costs but also as an aura to speed up production by for example 0.1-0.3 turns.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Other ideas”