Future or Modern Era?

samuelch

Future or Modern Era?

Post by samuelch »

What is the era of this game? Future (2017-.....) or modern era (2000-now).
Midonik

Re: Future or Modern Era?

Post by Midonik »

I vote for modern.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

Future Era but not atleast 2040....
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Future Era, More like Mass effect era.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I would go with future era because it will give the humans more variety, and a sensible fighting chance!
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Personally, I vote future. It makes more sense to have more alien races if humans have traveled far enough to find them, rather than one race attempting to conquer this pitiful planet. If humans are anything like modern technology, we can't even defend ourselves if someone were to threaten us with driving some of the asteroids from the asteroid belt into the planet. And all that takes is strapping engines to some of the larger ones.
The glorious sun rises again
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

Future, don't think Modern Technology will stand a chance in especially sci-fi theme.
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

It looks like it will be future era, but how futuristic the humans are? Some idea that I could find (hunger games capitol, star wars, hydra in captain america)
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Basic idea I wanted to follow was that the story will be simlar to this in XCOM,I mean: aliens are slowly invading modern day and only special and secret international organisation can stop it and new tech will be steal from aliens,but I aggre that it wont make sense in this game. So... lets say that humans are more advanced that we today and they are united/become united when aliens invade,they can easly travel throught Solar system and mayby to nearst systems too. They have laser weapon as standard and their tech level is way worsen than this on Star Wars-they space fleet cannot face aliens one,but more that this in hungry games becouse as I say they-or mayby I should say-we are already traveling throught space and the laser weapon is a common eq of their armies. So,all those special forces units doesnt make seanse in form the exist now,I think we can turn them into one type of special infantry. Also all human unit using no-laser weapon should have laser weapons now. I think that we should rework some humans unit I make with modern uniforms (they needed rework any way,becouse Im a bad "pixel-artist" and they look bad ;) I hope someone else will take care about that) and change those into more futuristic suits. I think that the types of armor might also need changes. Everyone aggre with this idea?

(Yeah,I back)
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Voting for future
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I think everyone want future,I also changed my mind,but do all aggre with advanced of human tech I wrote in pervision post?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

We should know what we think if we want to continue makeing this game.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Im doing somethink uncorect? Why nobody answers.
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

I agree, but not travelling to other solar system and special forces with more advanced experimental weapons can exist (portable railgun, early plasma gun, portable nuke launcher, etc).
Midonik wrote:Im doing somethink uncorect? Why nobody answers.
Sorry. :oops:
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

1 Ok. 2 We will have special force troops as upagred of standard riflleman,and experimantal weapons,mayby after some reserch,are good idea. 3 You dont have to, I just would want to speed-up work on this game,and Im a bit upset that nobody cooperate.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Currently,our priority is AOWW,after that we can focus on this
Sunrise Samurai

I would say that humans should at least have some form of space fleet, on comparable technology level to aliens. In game terms, all races should be balanced.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Anybody watched Star Trek?There are a bunch of content that could be used as some sort of ideas
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Sunrise Samurai wrote:I would say that humans should at least have some form of space fleet, on comparable technology level to aliens. In game terms, all races should be balanced.
But there wont be any space battles in this game,so its not important.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

LordOfAles wrote:Anybody watched Star Trek?There are a bunch of content that could be used as some sort of ideas
I didnt watched it,but I hear somethinks about that,we can have some inspiration,but dont use somethink direcly from it,becouse of copyrights,many game project in this game fail becuse copyrights.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

I know that,i though we could use it as inspiration
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Ok
Sunrise Samurai

Transporters could just be called teleportation facility, allowing you to instantly teleport units inside to an empty square in range. Built as a tower, you can have as many as necessary, but the range should prevent the main concern the idea met in AoF, being assassin speed boosting. In fact, I think this should replace wagons entirely, since they are way outdated by this time setting.
Dan301002

Post by Dan301002 »

EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) Weaponry is a must have in sci-fi theme. If there will be no space combat, then the EMP would be probably a stationary building that would affect electronics equipment greatly at target (they will stop moving after that, as short-circuit are still able to happen, sort of like a stun). More than lightning lvl EMP are enough for that, attack will be deadly with cooldown (sort of skill), bonus to anything with circuit (mostly tank-like units / airplane units), aoe attack, able to contain some units, need technology, Deadliest building, insta-kill infantry units (they really can't resist that).
Currently exploring the wonder of dimension.

Return to “Archive”