Adding a type of riders.

Anchar

Adding a type of riders.

Post by Anchar »

Adding a type of riders.

What do you think about adding more riders for different races to the game like Hoppers, as well as giving them a category of riders and adding a bonus damage to different units against them (as well as something like lancers)? By the way, various speeders could be attached to them. All this is already in the AoS and AoF.

Or does it no longer fit the theme of the galaxy? I was inspired to this idea by cartoons on Star Wars where there were some lancers on hover speeders + I think that each race can have its own animal horses, as well as different motorcyclists, so I thought why not unite them all by the type of cavalry and lancers how it works in AoF and AoS.
Midonik

Re: Adding a type of riders.

Post by Midonik »

I don't think there's a reason to do that. The hoppers are just vehicles. And cavalry units for the advanced races are a no go as far as I'm concerned, that doesn't fit with modern warfare, not to say sci-fi. I mean, we have the melee unit for reptilians but thats an exception. Maybe we can have some native neutral units and they could mount some creatures, but that's for the future and also in that case I think it would be totally fine to classify them as infantry.
Star wars franchisee doesn't necessarily concern itself with realism.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.

Return to “Archive”