New player. Need help

Cosmos

New player. Need help

Post by Cosmos »

I appreciate any help that can be offered to me. I am a new player and the tutorial itself is a bit confusing. The single player - campaign - first map is hard for getting all stars. Please help.
Shark guy 35

Re: New player. Need help

Post by Shark guy 35 »

What do you need help with specifically? I am a two year veteran of this game, so I should be able to assist.
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week".
-General George S. Patton
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Shark guy 35 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:13 am What do you need help with specifically? I am a two year veteran of this game, so I should be able to assist.
I've never heard you were playing AoG for a long time.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:47 am I appreciate any help that can be offered to me. I am a new player and the tutorial itself is a bit confusing. The single player - campaign - first map is hard for getting all stars. Please help.
For this, you should probably wait for Midonik. He's the design lead of this game and he'll be glad to offer you a hand in this map.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

In general, I would advise you to start the game not with campaigns (unless you are the player who came for the stories), I would advise you to start the game with a random game against AI, or perhaps you yourself will try to create your own game in the map editor against AI. There you can play at once for at least 5 sides against one with the fortress you have prepared, which will not be difficult. Of course, if you are a new player who has never played Ao games like this. If you just came to go through maps for cleaning and gems, then Midonik should answer.
Cosmos

Post by Cosmos »

Can you help me with the different reptilian human insectoid distinction. Some troops do more than the damage they have in the bottom box and some do lesser. Is there something i am missing out about this change in damage.

There is a green slime which make smaller pieces like it and is overwhelming . Some small bug like drones eventually disappear each time i make them with the building that produce 3 of its kind.

In the tutorial itself i have no idea what the forest and other terrain is. Ice and desert can be identified. Can you please tell me how to recognize them and cross the river.

I tried joining a multiplayer party and i could change a ? Mark into human insectoidUC reptilian . Is it how it works like i can only use that troops or all. What is UC.

There are so many similar looking 2 cost troops in reptilian which is confusing.

I didn't understand the last reply of anchar above. Can you please use a little bit common statement which a noob like me can understand.

I was invited to game by sparks and i found him in forums offtopics with a name hjhjjjhhh. How can i find him in the game to play a match with him. To learn more and also with you guys too :)
Cosmos

Post by Cosmos »

How can i get images and the green color like badnorth. Is it a rank or something. I found orange and pink colors on hyhjhjhh and others.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:38 am How can i get images and the green color like badnorth. Is it a rank or something. I found orange and pink colors on hyhjhjhh and others.
How can i get images? Do you mean the pfp? If so, go to your user control panel and pick change avatar. It is limited in size though. Best is to use pixel avatars or small sized images.

The Green color is just for appearance and representation in Groups, I.e it is for joining a Group and to know that you are a part of them. The one with the most acceptance of membership is Sunrise Shogunate (The Leader is Midonik), while the others, Mm, not so much. The Green Color (Nature Defenders) i think is given exclusively to those who were long time members and has an amount of good ideas suggested in an Ao variant and such balancing suggestions that were given (Though i'm not really a good balancer my self). You can apply somewhere in the control panel.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

The difference between human, reptile, and insectoid is that their units have different characteristics for logical reasons. The lizard infantry is stronger than the human infantry because the lizards are physically stronger, while the human is more technical, they have convenient artillery, fast aviation and cheaper tanks. As for insectoids, they have not been completed yet.

Forest ice and deserts can be recognized by the difference between the tiles. Trees will be drawn in the forest tile, the winter tile will be white (like snow), the desert tile will be yellowish (like sand), you can cross the water using bridges (built by builders) as well as using various vehicles (boats, hoverboards , aircraft), some units are able to swim across water (for example, crocodiles).

Reptiles have many different troops in 2 turns because each of these troops is designed for a different purpose. For example, machine gunners kill infantry well, grenade launchers are good at destroying buildings, reconnaissance vehicles are fast and quickly capture buildings (cities, centers), and so on.

I advise you to go to play> random play> select a map> run and play this particular mode. Players in multiplayer play at best once every 12 hours, on average once every 2 days, at worst never, so starting with multiplayer is not the best choice. Also, my advice is to start the game with the manufacture of builders with which you will build buildings that produce more troops.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

You can create a game in multiplayer if you go to the play > network game> create a game> select a map> write the name of the battle and set a password (through more options) so that no one else comes in> launch> tell the password to a friend and he joins> your game found in online games.

Join a friend's game: play> network game> join> look for a map created by your friend and start it (if you write a personal password)
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Most forumers usually made their avatar themselves (or asked another fellow forumer to make their favourite avatar for them) if u have any image u r interested with, u can make a request in the appropriate forum section but i forgot where it is
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Uh oh .. buddy , r u gonna mention me this much? Really?
Come bud' take it free. Just blend in. All here are good guys.

Actually i play AoG much less. You might have noticed it isn't much since the game's public appearance. I am still an avg and i take in multiplayer rarely and i more often stick along AoG campaigns.

And all these guys gathered here are already veterans since the beta version.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am Can you help me with the different reptilian human insectoid distinction.
Its just like our different departments. All have a the same works but in a different style. Different inmates have corresponding jobs. But all are better against each other.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am Some troops do more than the damage they have in the bottom box and some do lesser. Is there something i am missing out about this change in damage.
Its because you are rushing too much without examining the basics. There are armours in the units stats. They reduce each incoming attacks by the value. And some troops have bonus damage against specific others. You can see it right under the units stats. And the affected category in the flesh tinted box below description.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am There is a green slime which make smaller pieces like it and is overwhelming .
Yeah sometimes there are a crisis. But they lack much health and can be wiped many at a time by using a counter with multiple actions.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am Some small bug like drones eventually disappear each time i make them with the building that produce 3 of its kind.
They are vanishing cheap summons. They don't last long, like a few turns. Its normal. But they can be resummoned with a short to null cooldown on no.of turns.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am In the tutorial itself i have no idea what the forest and other terrain is. Ice and desert can be identified. Can you please tell me how to recognize them and cross the river.
Ah! The first tutorial. It was confusing for me also for identifying the terrains at first. But just do it and run around and memorize common textures. Once you place the correct unit in the correct terrain as a jigsaw, you will proceed the objective. And use the hover that is able to put units inside and cross the river each time.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am tried joining a multiplayer party and i could change a ? Mark into human insectoidUC reptilian . Is it how it works like i can only use that troops or all. What is UC.
The ❓mark allows you to select the faction you like to play on the match. It applies to that match only and is not permanent. You can choose another in another match. As i said before choosing any faction limit your buildable units to which only coming under it.
UC means Under construction (that is under progress in the forums)
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am There are so many similar looking 2 cost troops in reptilian which is confusing.
Yeah some of them look similar at first glance. Just because it has poor looking sprites without accute visual difference. Don't blame anyone, its just because the image size is restricted to 64x64 px in each tile and there's nothing much we can do about it distinctly under such low span.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am didn't understand the last reply of anchar above. Can you please use a little bit common statement which a noob like me can understand.
It was actually an advice, a very good one, to dont play campaigns, dont play multiplayer but until you keep your potential up ready to fight them.
My advice is: just go th skirmish》make a new map with both players as human》choose the faction you want to master first. And you try to defeat yourself as two portraying yourself as 2 opponents. Hence you can experiment with different units, research varies technologies etc. And once you find yourself self hard to defeat, just try the hardest capaign map a time. Even if you lose , you will know how the AI gains over you. And running a few hards, get to the easy campaigns and you can see yourself how you improvise. 3 starring each campaigns.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am was invited to game by sparks and i found him in forums offtopics with a name hjhjjjhhh. How can i find him in the game to play a match with him. To learn more and also with you guys too
BTW you can call me sparks or just hyu. But not what you used to call me when we were at same dep 2 years back. 🤫. And yeah GLHF.🙃
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

Badnorth wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:55 am
Shark guy 35 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:13 am What do you need help with specifically? I am a two year veteran of this game, so I should be able to assist.
I've never heard you were playing AoG for a long time.
lol
I started playing Age of World Wars in Summer of 2018. I played a lot for a few weeks, and then took a half-break until summer of 2019, and did the same thing. The Covid lockdown attracted me to the game again, and it had a large community I wasn't aware of. I started with Age of Fantasy in October of 2020, and Age of Strategy in December.

Enough about me, though. Sparks gave good advice, but I'll try to fill in the gaps. Most units should have a description that states their intended purpose. But if not, the name should help explain what they do.

For example, let's say we have a unit called Machine Gunner. His name implies he uses a machine gun, meaning he will be effective against infantry units. A quick check of his stats and description should clear up any confusion.

I hope this helps.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Most likely he was referring specifically to AoG, and not all Ao games.
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Didn't I say AoG? As this topic is clearly posted in that forum.
Shark guy 35

Post by Shark guy 35 »

Anchar wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:55 am Most likely he was referring specifically to AoG, and not all Ao games.
Yeah but the structure of the games are all quite similar.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Sharky: me @AoS from 2018, AoF @2019<2020(took a break)>2021, AoWW @2020>a few month , and got bored. The point is we didn't actually get to cross over a fight.

Anchar: new avatar looks cool
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Thank you.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

How did this tread get so massive? Can someone summarise for me what the problems are?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Hyuhjhih wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:40 pm Uh oh .. buddy , r u gonna mention me this much? Really?
Come bud' take it free. Just blend in. All here are good guys.

Actually i play AoG much less. You might have noticed it isn't much since the game's public appearance. I am still an avg and i take in multiplayer rarely and i more often stick along AoG campaigns.

And all these guys gathered here are already veterans since the beta version.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am Can you help me with the different reptilian human insectoid distinction.
Its just like our different departments. All have a the same works but in a different style. Different inmates have corresponding jobs. But all are better against each other.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am Some troops do more than the damage they have in the bottom box and some do lesser. Is there something i am missing out about this change in damage.
Its because you are rushing too much without examining the basics. There are armours in the units stats. They reduce each incoming attacks by the value. And some troops have bonus damage against specific others. You can see it right under the units stats. And the affected category in the flesh tinted box below description.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am There is a green slime which make smaller pieces like it and is overwhelming .
Yeah sometimes there are a crisis. But they lack much health and can be wiped many at a time by using a counter with multiple actions.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am Some small bug like drones eventually disappear each time i make them with the building that produce 3 of its kind.
They are vanishing cheap summons. They don't last long, like a few turns. Its normal. But they can be resummoned with a short to null cooldown on no.of turns.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am In the tutorial itself i have no idea what the forest and other terrain is. Ice and desert can be identified. Can you please tell me how to recognize them and cross the river.
Ah! The first tutorial. It was confusing for me also for identifying the terrains at first. But just do it and run around and memorize common textures. Once you place the correct unit in the correct terrain as a jigsaw, you will proceed the objective. And use the hover that is able to put units inside and cross the river each time.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am tried joining a multiplayer party and i could change a ? Mark into human insectoidUC reptilian . Is it how it works like i can only use that troops or all. What is UC.
The ❓mark allows you to select the faction you like to play on the match. It applies to that match only and is not permanent. You can choose another in another match. As i said before choosing any faction limit your buildable units to which only coming under it.
UC means Under construction (that is under progress in the forums)
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am There are so many similar looking 2 cost troops in reptilian which is confusing.
Yeah some of them look similar at first glance. Just because it has poor looking sprites without accute visual difference. Don't blame anyone, its just because the image size is restricted to 64x64 px in each tile and there's nothing much we can do about it distinctly under such low span.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am didn't understand the last reply of anchar above. Can you please use a little bit common statement which a noob like me can understand.
It was actually an advice, a very good one, to dont play campaigns, dont play multiplayer but until you keep your potential up ready to fight them.
My advice is: just go th skirmish》make a new map with both players as human》choose the faction you want to master first. And you try to defeat yourself as two portraying yourself as 2 opponents. Hence you can experiment with different units, research varies technologies etc. And once you find yourself self hard to defeat, just try the hardest capaign map a time. Even if you lose , you will know how the AI gains over you. And running a few hards, get to the easy campaigns and you can see yourself how you improvise. 3 starring each campaigns.
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am was invited to game by sparks and i found him in forums offtopics with a name hjhjjjhhh. How can i find him in the game to play a match with him. To learn more and also with you guys too
BTW you can call me sparks or just hyu. But not what you used to call me when we were at same dep 2 years back. 🤫. And yeah GLHF.🙃
Cosmos wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am Can you help me with the different reptilian human insectoid distinction. Some troops do more than the damage they have in the bottom box and some do lesser. Is there something i am missing out about this change in damage.

There is a green slime which make smaller pieces like it and is overwhelming . Some small bug like drones eventually disappear each time i make them with the building that produce 3 of its kind.

In the tutorial itself i have no idea what the forest and other terrain is. Ice and desert can be identified. Can you please tell me how to recognize them and cross the river.

I tried joining a multiplayer party and i could change a ? Mark into human insectoidUC reptilian . Is it how it works like i can only use that troops or all. What is UC.

There are so many similar looking 2 cost troops in reptilian which is confusing.

I didn't understand the last reply of anchar above. Can you please use a little bit common statement which a noob like me can understand.

I was invited to game by sparks and i found him in forums offtopics with a name hjhjjjhhh. How can i find him in the game to play a match with him. To learn more and also with you guys too :)
Mido its solved. Please change topic as solved

And the only thing left relevant is for you
Ah! The first tutorial. It was confusing for me also for identifying the terrains at first. But just do it and run around and memorize common textures. Once you place the correct unit in the correct terrain as a jigsaw, you will proceed the objective. And use the hover that is able to put units inside and cross the river Ah! The first tutorial. It was confusing for me also for identifying the terrains at first. But just do it and run around and memorize common textures. Once you place the correct unit in the correct terrain as a jigsaw, you will proceed the objective. And use the hover that is able to put units inside and cross the river each time.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Return to “Archive”