Pupas leave a corpse after metamorphosis IMPLEMENTED

warlock

Pupas leave a corpse after metamorphosis IMPLEMENTED

Post by warlock »

Hi. When pupas undergo metamorphosis, they leave a corpse. This can be reclaimed using an incubator and the larvae used to accelerate production or research. I think this was not intended.
Midonik

Re: Pupas leave a corpse after metamorphosis

Post by Midonik »

I didn't really know what to do there. Seemed strange not to let pupas drop corpses when killed but this wasn't intended in the concept of the tech (the idea was to have the pupas transform instead of summoning and getting killed but that was problematic and serval ways so I improvised).
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
warlock

Post by warlock »

What if the larvae accelerates pupa production? For building cost 3 units it wont matter. Bit for cost 4 units I think it will have more of an effect. Tried to work it out but got confused. Will try it on a test map.
warlock

Post by warlock »

Ok. I have run a test building the cost 4 heavy antman. Using a factory, i get 3 in 12 turns Using pupas without reckaiming the corpses, i get 5 in that same time. Also, the pupas method means i generate a new unit every 2 turns.

When i reclaim the corpse using an incubator to accelerate pupa production, i get 7 heavy soldiers in 12 turns, and i am getting a new one each turn.

I suggest we keep an eye on how this affects things in the field. Then you can decide on how to address.
warlock

Post by warlock »

For in game world sense, you can ssy that the pupas only leave a thin membrane after the metamorphosis, leaving little that can be reclaimed.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

It's probably most sensible to have them not drop corpses.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Alienx

Post by Alienx »

Midonik wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:49 am It's probably most sensible to have them not drop corpses.
I think they should give the incubator skill a cooldown of 3-5 turns but letting the pupas leave a corpse after transforming, having the pupas leave a corpse after transforming is the opportunity for the incubators to finally be wearable :)
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I dont think pupas leaving corpses when metamorphosing makes much sense tho, I would prefer to not give that relevancy.

Return to “Archive”