Insectoid Swarm ground units need a tweak ANSWERED

warlock

Insectoid Swarm ground units need a tweak ANSWERED

Post by warlock »

The offensive flies locusts etc need a minor tweak to make the Nidus worm operationally effective. It takes too long to build eanough locusts to launch any kind of attack. Also, were the larvae supposed to need a corpse to be cteated? If so then the nidus needs to be in contact with the ennemy before you can generate a 'minefield' using the larvae. That does not work..
Midonik

Re: Insectoid Swarm ground units need a tweak

Post by Midonik »

The offensive flies locusts etc need a minor tweak to make the Nidus worm operationally effective. It takes too long to build eanough locusts to launch any kind of attack.
- I dont really understand what the problem is
Also, were the larvae supposed to need a corpse to be cteated? If so then the nidus needs to be in contact with the ennemy before you can generate a 'minefield' using the larvae. That does not work..
- The mine larvae the nidus worm spawns need a corpse? Definetely not intended. What the hell... Im sure I tested them and all.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

I don't think they need any adjustment, I believe they are fine as they are now, in addition to working in a similar way to the beetles summoned by the Beelzeflies Nest of the insectoids they have a small bonus against infantry that makes them really annoying, they are also affected by the insectoid mega and reptilian mega's flesh and blood enhancement technologies so they fulfill their function.

I have to agree that it's a bit tricky to use the skill of incubators, but I think it is necessary for them to need corpses or something similar to work.

The larvae summoned by the Nidus work well in my opinion, in addition to being invisible they deal reasonable damage and I don't think it's necessary to adjust this, because they don't need to be summoned completely close to the enemy unit to use them, you can use them in the rear to block enemy advance and and make the opponent more cautious when advancing because the larvae have the advantage of moving.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I dont think he is talking about incubator larvae (which are grubs for clarity)
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Sombrar +1

Post by Sombrar +1 »

Midonik wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:39 pm I dont think he is talking about incubator larvae (which are grubs for clarity)
I think he is talking about them, as it is the only larva-type unit that needs something related to corpses to be summoned, which is precisely the incubator.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Hmm
warlock

Post by warlock »

To be clear, i am concerned about the spiked larvae emitted from the nydus worm. It seems to me that they dont get generated unless there is a corpse. I tried cross checking using the map editor, but failed because i cant get it to recognize the techd even if i set the map with all techs.
warlock

Post by warlock »

In relation to the incubator, these structures take too long to build to be effective at the front. Coupling them to a group of queens, in order to harvest useless units that can be hatched takes too long to make a difference in a MP game.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

warlock wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:25 pm To be clear, i am concerned about the spiked larvae emitted from the nydus worm. It seems to me that they dont get generated unless there is a corpse. I tried cross checking using the map editor, but failed because i cant get it to recognize the techd even if i set the map with all techs.
Are you sure? I looked into the files and there wasn't anything to suggest it requiring a corpse.
warlock wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:44 pm In relation to the incubator, these structures take too long to build to be effective at the front. Coupling them to a group of queens, in order to harvest useless units that can be hatched takes too long to make a difference in a MP game.
Depends on map size.
warlock

Post by warlock »

I will check again on the corpse thing.
warlock

Post by warlock »

Ok. I checked again. You are right, it works like it's supposed to. Apologies for wasting everyone's tome on this.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Np

Return to “Archive”