AI does not replace structures inherited from a different faction ANSWERED

warlock

AI does not replace structures inherited from a different faction ANSWERED

Post by warlock »

In MP games involving allies of different factions, the AI may inherit control of two different factions if two players abandon the game. For example, players 1 and 2 use insectoid and reptilian factions. They are allied. Both build structures. Player 2 quits. Pkayer 1 inherits player 2 units and structures. Player 1 can use the reptilian units, but can only build insectoid units and structures.

A human player will replace the reptilian structures with insectoid buildings. But what if player 1 quits? The AI then inherits control and does not know to do this.

I had this occur in a recent 4 player game that devolved to a pure AI game.
Midonik

Re: AI does not replace structures inherited from a different faction

Post by Midonik »

I imagine this is very hard to work around.
If you end up with an ai taking over a player in a mp game, it's usually a free win, and the problem is deeper than this, let's be honest.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
warlock

Re: AI does not replace structures inherited from a different faction

Post by warlock »

I suspect the programming for this lies near the core of the overall engine.

Somewhat tangentially, it would be nice to have a function to take MP games that have devolved to 1 player vs AI off the MP server and convert to a skirmish game. It would declutter the server as well as a player's MP game list.

Return to “Archive”