Incorrect castle count ANSWERED

warlock

Incorrect castle count ANSWERED

Post by warlock »

Last update may have broken the megastructures counter. I have two games, as reptilian and as insectoid, where there arw more megastructures than indicated kn the counter.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect castle count ANSWERED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

yes that can happen as those buildings had no MEGA singal in the new way.
so that is not fixable.
warlock

Post by warlock »

Ok. I am a bit confused now. It sounds like a rule change, or a significant change to the buildings. I don't think it was mentioned in the version log notes. Could you add an explanation in the notes for the next update?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

wait i have an idea how to solve it temporarily using its category "U_MEGA_BUILDINGS"

so for a few months the U_MEGA_BUILDINGS category will also mean mega building(?)
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:05 am wait i have an idea how to solve it temporarily using its category "U_MEGA_BUILDINGS"

so for a few months the U_MEGA_BUILDINGS category will also mean mega building(?)
What?
warlock wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:32 am Ok. I am a bit confused now. It sounds like a rule change, or a significant change to the buildings. I don't think it was mentioned in the version log notes. Could you add an explanation in the notes for the next update?
I believe it's not a "rule change". This will only happen in old games, in new games the megas will work the same as before. The buildings that were build before the update are now broken, the newly build ones will work properly.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Midonik wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:21 am
Stratego (dev) wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:05 am wait i have an idea how to solve it temporarily using its category "U_MEGA_BUILDINGS"

What?
here i mean that i can try manage old ones being calculated properly if i consider any unit that is in "u_mega_buildings" category as it were have the spcunitaction counted_as_mega or something.
--------------
however i am currently tring to reproduce the problem but could not - so the counter looks good on all my old games, please someone confirm that the counter is not good on old games - thankS!

daniel
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

warlock wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:52 pm Last update may have broken the megastructures counter. I have two games, as reptilian and as insectoid, where there arw more megastructures than indicated kn the counter.
ok i have loaded 6 month old games and all counters are fine.
Q1: can u send me those maps so i can check what is there?
Q2: also with screenshots?
Q3: also with latest update u see they are wrong? (ver 1.0191 ?)
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

They don't seem to count as megas for me too in old games. I will email you a screenshot.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok! no need - i have found one!

and my hotfix fixed it!

in dev version it is uos 10!

please someone confirm it is good in old games and new games too - thanks!

daniel

Return to “Archive”