Aphid farming IMPLEMENTED

Midonik

Aphid farming IMPLEMENTED

Post by Midonik »

Idea by @samuelch
Ants learn how to farm mushroom as extra food source to support more population. Allow one extra building exceeding tc building limit.
They way this would work is that it would allow to make a building that would increase the building limit like tcs do (wouldn't be able to make unit itself), mushroom farm. That unit would be unique - meaning one per player.
This would allow insectoid to make a bit more units that other races, compensating for their weaker stats. The tech should be rather expensive tho.
Naturally this is referencing ant irl that can farm mushrooms in their anthills, look it up.

This has no relation to myconid race :lol:.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Anchar

Re: Mushroom farming WAITING IMAGE

Post by Anchar »

Maybe instead of a mushroom farm, rename it to an aphid farm (I hope this translates correctly)? As far as I know, ants raise aphids like cattle. Also, it wouldn't confuse people why insectoids can't just eat myconids.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I guess it works too.

Apparently some ants can "milk" aphids (that's correctly translated) lol.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

So, in addition to technology, need a building?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Definitely
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Attachments
tlia2.png
tlia2.png (3.49 KiB) Viewed 1442 times
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Nice, although it looks like that aphid is about to get murdered in a brutal way.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Well, I thought it would be better than pretending to be an ant collecting milk from aphids.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well thats kinda what ants do in real life though. Of course its not actually milking, but they collect some kind of fluids the aphids.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

May b u could put a fluid sucking machine on the aphid image similar to the modern machines used to milk cows

It could be smaller, held by the ant on his arms, with a vacuum pipe stuck on some part of aphid (i dont know which part releases the aphid sap though)
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Good. Here is an option for lovers of sweet milk)))
Attachments
tlia3.png
tlia3.png (4.16 KiB) Viewed 1399 times
Last edited by Anchar on Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Yum, looks delicious, but i think its better to remove the wheel, the machine and body of aphid will be more obvious that way
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Maybe after I changed the color of the valve it became clearer?
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

?
Attachments
bld_rep_tank_factor.png
bld_rep_tank_factor.png (2.59 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I think u dont need to specially draw the valve, since it is futuristic we can assume everything is inside the body of machine,

just simply draw it like a vacuum cleaner, it will be enough to get the idea across

godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

As for factory, it looks good but i think it looks too much like a human building

Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Oh I totally missed the image. I was expecting more like a farm or a ranch something like that. I suppose there is one on top of the building. I will say, the building doesn't look very futuristic and very much like a human one. I think you could sneak it into AoWw.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

?
Attachments
bld_ins_hatchery 3.png
bld_ins_hatchery 3.png (2.52 KiB) Viewed 1328 times
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Now I'm struggling to understand what I'm seeing. Where are the aphids "stored"? It be nice if we could see them.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

What for? In what other buildings are their units drawn? By the way, in the previous image, there was not aphids under the dome, but a garden for growing greenery to feed the aphids, the aphids themselves inside the building.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

If aphids were visable, it would make what the building is obvious. Whereas now it could be anything.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

?
Attachments
bld_ins_hatchery 4.png
bld_ins_hatchery 4.png (2.82 KiB) Viewed 1297 times
Darkhunn

Post by Darkhunn »

Anchar wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:43 am?
I love the conveyor belt-type thing and the window to the glowing masses of them, definitely gives the factory farm vibe, in my opinion.
"I assure you I will not kill you,"
"I know that," said Vimes. "But will you try?"
-Terry Pratchett, the fifth elephant
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

also some animatino on it would look awesome!

Return to “Archive”