Innovative materials IMPLEMENTED

kingofgalaxies

Innovative materials IMPLEMENTED

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Considering that reptilians already have superb engineers and insectoids now got their corresponding techs, I strongly suggest adding a new human tech for improving the mend rate of engineers.
This would affect these units : Human engineers, and AMP Goliath labor suit (but probably not Human technicians as they should primarily fulfill other tasks).
We could name the tech "Enhanced Engineering", but not sure about this one.
Cost: 6 turns
Effect : +5 to mend rate
Researched in TC
I've set the value that high, as human buildings have more HP than insectoid ones, thus taking longer to build per se.

Happy about any feedback.
Last edited by kingofgalaxies on Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anchar

Re: New Human Mending Tech

Post by Anchar »

So you are comparing human and insectoid buildings? Considering that insectoid buildings are much worse. As far as I remember, bonuses against mega buildings were recently added, I have not yet tried to storm them after these changes, but before them they were impregnable fortresses blowing up everything close by, did you test that? Have you destroyed the mega human building in an equal battle? It was easy? If the human beings start building mega at the speed of insectoids and the mega remain as strong and with the same attack, then this will be a clear OP in my opinion.

As for other towers, due to the fast construction of mega, they will quickly receive powerful improvements, thanks to +1 to the range, missile towers will make it easy to conquer territories by destroying a crowd of less distant and less functional (without technology) towers of lizards and insectoids, and rail towers will have 2 ranges and an area attack that neither the lizards nor the insectoids have, in 2 they are better due to the area attack, the air attack of the missile towers has a long range of 2-3 towers is enough to shoot down an insectoid bomber mole.

The rest of the buildings have more narrowly directed directions and it is not correct to compare them with the drones of the dinosaurs, since rather the dinosaurs do not have enough narrowly focused buildings.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

"We could name the tech "Enhanced Engineering", but not sure about this one."
Please come up with a nice name.

"I've set the value that high, as human buildings have more HP than insectoid ones, thus taking longer to build per se."

Human buildings have higher bonus mending when constructing value that compensate for part of their higher hp (not all), so that's not fully true. It's best to compare human and reptilian workers (their construction rates are set to compensate for the difference in hp of their buildings fully).
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

@Anchar
Sorry, but now you are mixing up a lot of things in this topic.
From what I've understood, you're saying human underground base and towers are op. I don't see that at all, now that mega buildings got proper counters (before yes, megas were indestructible). E.g. a couple giga lasers kill the base easily. Rocket launchers can be dealt with by plasma artillery. And railgun turret is susceptible to plasma grenades, for example.

Now back to the topic of the new tech: I do look at rep engineers who have 15 mend rate. Humans currently have 10. And still their base is set with a lower construction bonus than reptilian egg, AND has a bit more hp to build. So rn it takes way longer than the egg. Even though the range tbh is quite an advantage compared to egg's, still it doesn't speak against adding the tech. This is only one building out of many. Instead, would be an idea to reduce the base's range by 1 tile to balance it out.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Midonik wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:46 pm "We could name the tech "Enhanced Engineering", but not sure about this one."
Please come up with a nice name.
Hard to, but I'll try. Ideas welcome.
Human buildings have higher bonus mending when constructing value that compensate for part of their higher hp (not all), so that's not fully true. It's best to compare human and reptilian workers (their construction rates are set to compensate for the difference in hp of their buildings fully).
Yes but insects also got techs improving workers mend rate, while their construction bonus remains.
As mentioned above, there must be an upset in regards to the mega buildings, as here rep's have better const bonus but also better workers.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

It'd be nice for the name to tie into some technical advancement maybe, that's the theme for most human techs.

I will look into the reptilian mega thing.

5 mend rate more might be ok (that's same as reptilians with research I guess), I'd like to see how to affects the amount of turns needed for constructing.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Midonik wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:31 pm I will look into the reptilian mega thing.
Human underground fortress has constr aff 210%, rep citaegg 250%. Maybe interchange them?
5 mend rate more might be ok (that's same as reptilians with research I guess), I'd like to see how to affects the amount of turns needed for constructing.
Sure, it has to stay in reasonable frames. Go ahead.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

For a tech name + description :
How about
"Innovative Materials:
Modernized, innovative materials simplify the constructing process, allowing humans to finish their buildings a bit quicker. After researching this technology, human engineers and laborers get an increase in their mend rate."
Last edited by kingofgalaxies on Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Name seems good
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

We already have a name + description, as well as an idea of the stats. So I guess "waiting image"? @Midonik

(whether +5 mend rate or a different value needs to be tested)
kingofgalaxies

Re: New Human Mending Tech WAITING IMAGE

Post by kingofgalaxies »

@Anchar we need your help (waiting image long ago)
:)
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Wow. The audacity. Who said you get to decide the priority?
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

I'm not in charge to decide anything here, and I realise this. Thanks Midonik.

Just saying, this topic was on pause for nearly 2 months now. So was afraid it got forgotten, as other changes which were suggested way later are already implemented, and this one seemed as being close to ready back then.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well it needs an image, that increases the time needed for implementation. We lack image makers.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

kingofgalaxies wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:38 pm @Anchar we need your help (waiting image long ago)
:)
So how should it look? How many stages does this technology have?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

One stage would be enough I think
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

?
Attachments
tech_ins_genome_advanced 31.png
tech_ins_genome_advanced 31.png (1.86 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

This image would fit if we called the tech "improved industry" or something maybe, which I guess could increase mend rate?
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Well, I meant innovative materials by that.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Oh that's right, we had an idea like that. That makes more sense.

Return to “Archive”