Raider Speeders IMPLEMENTED

Dagravian

Raider Speeders IMPLEMENTED

Post by Dagravian »

A couple of heavier Speeder variants, fully covered and a bit more armored, with turret on the top, featuring multipurpose capabilities.

- Main model will carry on the turret the minigun of the minigunner.
- One variant with turret adapted to hold rocket lauchers and a mortar on the back.
- One variant with flamethrower on the turret with a fireball alike skill.
- One variant with turret adapted to carry multiple Pads devices to strike air and ground units.
- One "water patrol" variant with mine dispenser that can be placed both on water or on the ground. And also can detect stealth.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Re: Raider Speeders

Post by Midonik »

Well I do like the ideas but are you... Suggesting 5 individual speeder units? And we have 3 already... That's too many.
Ad 1st - I guess that can do, reptilans need their version of hovercraft
Ad 2nd - reptilians aren't suppose to have many ranged units so no
Ad 3rd - not really - flamethrower trucks always seemed chesey for me
Ad 4th - well you can pack PADs into a transport speeder, that doesn't sound necessary
Ad 5th - the current combat one is supposed to be water patrol - we can add it ability to drop mines I guess
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Dagravian

Post by Dagravian »

Well reptilians do need way more vehicles in between the "heavy walking tanks" and "light scooters", so 5 is a good number just to start... And what could be a smart reptilian way to have that if not just recicle their bikes in a Mad Max style?

1 - ok
2 - Yep, but they can ask the greys for such advanced technology or it is not like they would not steal to at least salvage other races equipament aswell right? :lol:
3 - Hmm, trucks? Idk what is the idea of flamming vehicle you have but this is a speeder... Tho, FAV's idea is to scorch the area and they work for the job. And i think reptilians do have a tendency to have many of them. :lol:
4 - Really? You need 2 factories to make it on 3 turns, one for the pads and the other for the transport, 5 turns in the total... I'm looking for stuff that you can actually be done on a single factory in 3 turns...
5 - Could be done, but i actually got a really cool idea for that one, that is summon a single soldier... In other words, to drop the single reptilian soldier it owns in the backseat, to be something like the goliath scout and the dog.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Well reptilians do need way more vehicles in between the "heavy walking tanks" and "light scooters", so 5 is a good number just to start... And what could be a smart reptilian way to have that if not just recicle their bikes in a Mad Max style?

Those pretty much count as light scooters if you want them to cost 3. If you want them to be like medium tanks then they should cost 4 and I wouldn't call them speeders. In fact some medium "tanks" would be ok.

1 - ok
You can make the image
2 - Yep, but they can ask the greys for such advanced technology or it is not like they would not steal to at least salvage other races equipament aswell right? :lol:
No for now. The suggestion I have already made about that are enough I believe. I might rethink more such vehicles for reptilians later on. It's just that ranged wepaons for reptilans, especially rockets, are a huge balancing factor because of stealable tech paths.
3 - Hmm, trucks? Idk what is the idea of flamming vehicle you have but this is a speeder... Tho, FAV's idea is to scorch the area and they work for the job. And i think reptilians do have a tendency to have many of them. :lol:
Can you really use a flamethrower from a moving vehicle with no problems? That's the question I have.
4 - Really? You need 2 factories to make it on 3 turns, one for the pads and the other for the transport, 5 turns in the total... I'm looking for stuff that you can actually be done on a single factory in 3 turns...
We will see reptilans will need any more anti air
5 - Could be done, but i actually got a really cool idea for that one, that is summon a single soldier... In other words, to drop the single reptilian soldier it owns in the backseat, to be something like the goliath scout and the dog.
I don't like the idea at all. Also are you just kinda trying to reproduce the Goliath ideas with speeders? Not all for it too.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I give green light for 1, 3 and 4

Return to “Archive”