Honey antman speed bonus not working for warpincer

warlock

Honey antman speed bonus not working for warpincer

Post by warlock »

I noticed this both in game and via a map editor check. On plain terrain, warpincer has speed 3 and moves 2 squares. After honey injection, unit stats list speed as 3+1 but movement remains limited to two tiles. Am I missing something?
Anchar

Re: Honey antman speed bonus not working for warpincer

Post by Anchar »

By the way, it seems to me that he walks on water at a speed of 2?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Warlock its speed on land is modified, whereas he has 100% movement on water. (you can click on the little triangle next to movement to see modifiers, although I think the terrain names are not nice) (Anchar... you are actually RIGHT OMG I MADE A MISTAKE IN ONE OF 1000000 TIMES I WAS CHANGING THOSE CURSED MODIFIERS ERGHHHH). So on water it will gain the speed, but for land the speed buff is modified and results in less than 1 speed increase which the game treats as 0.
This was a pain in my ass when it came to snow and heat isolation. The war pincer issue is minor. It is supposed to be a mainly water unit as well so I dont think it should even get the infantry speed with honey buff.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
warlock

Post by warlock »

Midonik, I understand what you are saying. I must disagree with you tegardong the warpincer role. It is a mainstay unit on land, as the only unit that can stand against human artillery and reptilian armour. All other insectoid bio units lack endurance. Insectois armour is not cost effective and gets somewhat obsolete by mid game.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Its a... crab.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
warlock

Post by warlock »

Smile I always imagined it like a bio analogue of a battletech mech. In practice, it comes closer in use to a goliath. Not sure what others think. I dont see many bug players.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

Well, in fact, I think he should not have become the main one against Goliath, either mechamantis or Hercules should play the role of the main anti-mech.
The role of a tank against human artillery should be performed by Hercules and a mecha scarab.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

But does the mecha mantis really look weak? At a cost of 5, it cannot compete with Goliath or even ACP due to the increased cost of 5 and speed of 3 with no mountain movement.
warlock

Post by warlock »

Meca mantis is too slow and expensive to be of any use. Hercules is only good for home defense because its too slow at speed 2. Could never counter goliaths or acp because they can literally run around it. Like it or not, the war pincer is the only unit that can meet the operational requirements in the field. And not getting the honey bonus after investing the resources is an issue. Or be direct and change the text of the pincers description so the player knows the bonus is useless on land.

Return to “Issues”