Haircut Energy Weapons tech

kingofgalaxies

Haircut Energy Weapons tech

Post by kingofgalaxies »

I really question the total of +5 energy dmg given to the vast majority of rep units (+4 total would be enough). As the affect pool is very large, the value should be mitigated. The human 3-step techs got adjusted, so time for this one.

To detail :
If you look at all reptilian units, an overwhelming percentage of them deal energy damage. Ergo, the damage boost given through this tech affects way more than 50% of the units (what would be the norm). This disbalance leads to the tech having too much impact on the game for it's cost.
Currently, the three steps of energy weapons give +1 +1 +3 dmg. I suggest simply making the last step +2. This would still keep the most value at the last step, while mitigating the total value to +4.
Again, reason for this being that this boost influences basically the full house of reptilians.
Midonik

Re: Haircut Energy Weapons tech

Post by Midonik »

Human tech were nerfed because they were too strong late game, and I think they still are a bit stronger. Im not sure I wanna nerf the reptilian techs to make the late game difference bigger. After we give reptilians more different techs or nerf the stats/increase cost of some of their units at base (cause they are currently too strong early game) it seems more sensful.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.

Return to “Balancing”