Human Fixed Artilleries Carry Capacity ANSWERED

kingofgalaxies

Human Fixed Artilleries Carry Capacity ANSWERED

Post by kingofgalaxies »

I suggest adding carry capacity of 1 to the human fixed artilleries as well (reptilians already have it) for making it fair across every nation. Also to insectoid towers if those don't have it yet.
Last edited by kingofgalaxies on Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Midonik

Re: Human Fixed Artilleries Carry Capacity

Post by Midonik »

No, human fixed artilleries are only turrents, they have no space for units in them. Also they are, regardless, the strongest towers across all races. Humans can use medic centers as healing buildings.

Insectoid towers have carry cap.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

They do have space inside in AoW tho... There they are similar turrets.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

AoWW this, Aoww that...
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Also, I don't see human turrets being stronger than reptilian ones, esp. with energy damage increase tech.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

I slowly get the feeling there isn't much playing room or openness for change in the dev team... Hope I'm proven wrong though :?
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Being open to change doesn't mean accepting everything you say... Also I see you ran out of arguments.

Human towers have the most range, high damage, most hp, fixed rocket artillery is the most versitle (effective against infantry, ships, buildings and air units). If anything, they are closer to needing a nerf than a buff.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Midonik wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:02 pm Human towers have the most range, high damage, most hp, fixed rocket artillery is the most versitle (effective against infantry, ships, buildings and air units). If anything, they are closer to needing a nerf than a buff.
Alright, alright, if master Midonik think so... Range is only superior after the tech research, a bit more hp yes, but there isn't even a separate AA tower and the SAM missile is soo weak tbh. And who uses them as siege towers?!

Anyway, please consider that not all things are equal through all races anyway, so it'd be totally ok even if human turrets were a bit stronger than others. After all, e.g. human infantry is way worse than reptilian one.
Anchar

Post by Anchar »

While the human range increases due to technology, the reptiles, in principle, have no analogue without technology, although the air attack is weaker, it hits further, which is important.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

c'mon, 10 dmg, that's nothing compared to 36dmg at max by rep AA turret. And plus this against the armor of rep units...
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

I know this already got marked as answered...
But now that human artilleries don't get more range anymore, the human fix artilleries are not stronger than other races' ones anymore. Ergo, would only be fair to give them carry cap similar to what rep and ins turrets have.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

The fixed rocket artillery still has the most versatility, with almost the most range, the highest hp and armor, good damage against infantry. I don't think they need a buff at all.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Midonik wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:57 am The fixed rocket artillery still has the most versatility, with almost the most range, the highest hp and armor, good damage against infantry. I don't think they need a buff at all.
It doesn't outrange the equivalents anymore! And no, it has 4 armors both, as do other turrets. Plasma turret deals way more infantry dmg when boosted by techs. And rept turrets are built faster, so there's that.

But OK, if you don't want to give carry cap+heal to fixed rocket artillery to keep it at bay.
Maybe still give it to Stationary railgun which is underused? This would maybe drive away from the dominance of fix rocket artillery.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

It just wouldnt make sense, it looks the same beside the turrent. I see it as a debuff to human fortification system.
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

It already got nerfed severely with the range decrease. Now it isn't any stronger or more effective than other races defenses.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

It literally has more hp
kingofgalaxies

Post by kingofgalaxies »

Slightly more hp, right. But less damage. And takes longer to build. Who has the upper hand in terms of AT turrets? I wouldn't be so sure it's humans. So why th not give 1 little carry cap to balance out?

It's just really annoying that human units are getting blocked by their own towers.

Return to “Archive”