Unity version - setup random/mp map

Post by Stratego (dev) »

We have a form in Android where you can set everyhitng in one view
- maps properties (fog, TC-s and such)
- players
- other special things like "bet games", "time to take turn" and so on
- and there is the Create/Launch button

question how to make it here?

all in one view - or to split up to separate input views with "prev" / "Next" buttons so you need to set less in one view?

i was about to start it but i realized i have no plan how to make it.
---------------------------------
my first thought is:
When you press the create new random map/new muliplayer map button:
1. map select scene :
- where you see all random maps, (later) can be filtered by type and size.
- you can select which random map to start from
2. map setup scene
- game name, map visibility, starting units, tc numbers, and so on
3. map special setup scene
- bet games, password, badge filters and so on
4. players setting scene
- number of players, and player race/color/teams
- this has the final "create" button, on press the game gets generated.
(you can navigate between scenes by prev/next buttons)

what do u think?
b2198

Re: Unity version - setup random/mp map

Post by b2198 »

Hm, and what would that look like for someone who is joining the match? Would they too have to navigate through the views to see the settings?

If they would still see the same screen as currently (as I think would be better), maybe adding some icons in the created games list to indicate some of the settings, so that they're easier to look out for, like spell enabled games, no upgrade games, etc. Similarly to how in bet games it shows the gem icon and how many of them are bet per player.

Another thing that might be good would be to make the "more options..." button open those options in a popup window, or maybe even in a separate view, so that they don't increase the amount of scrolling needed when looking through them.
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

b2198 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:45 am Hm, and what would that look like for someone who is joining the match? Would they too have to navigate through the views to see the settings?
no, i think that would be a separate one-view, readonly appearance, but appearing only the changed values (eg. bet, badge filtering etc are not appearing by default only if set)
maybe adding some icons in the created games list to indicate some of the settings
this is another view, so we should discuss in another thread, but yes there we can make some appearance changes too.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, so as a whole idea: you prefer the one view approach?
and to have same one view for "joining" case? (naturally by all setting just in readonly mode)

if so, question: we have (in android version) some extra setting that needs to be opened (by clicking a link like line) to show (so by default less settings are visible), shall i make same approach here than?
TntAttack

Post by TntAttack »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:33 am ok, so as a whole idea: you prefer the one view approach?
and to have same one view for "joining" case? (naturally by all setting just in readonly mode)

if so, question: we have (in android version) some extra setting that needs to be opened (by clicking a link like line) to show (so by default less settings are visible), shall i make same approach here than?

I like it. Simple interface for beginners, advance settings for non beginners.
b2198

Post by b2198 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:33 am ok, so as a whole idea: you prefer the one view approach?
Actually I wouldn't mind having multiple views when creating, but I think the one view approach is better when joining.
Stratego (dev) wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:33 am if so, question: we have (in android version) some extra setting that needs to be opened (by clicking a link like line) to show (so by default less settings are visible), shall i make same approach here than?
That's what I was talking about with these ideas:
b2198 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:45 am Another thing that might be good would be to make the "more options..." button open those options in a popup window, or maybe even in a separate view, so that they don't increase the amount of scrolling needed when looking through them.
Maybe also make it a proper button instead of a link-like text?
Green is the correct color, other colors are "less correct".

Return to “Unity version workbench”