Help needed: Testing triggers CLOSED

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Help needed: Testing triggers CLOSED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

hi!

I have a pre-pre beta version that can be tested in some aspects.

This case "triggers": we have many many trigger options now i have tested only 4-5 types (works fine)
but there should be a pre-made map (only for these unity tests) where ALL triggers (condition and effects) are used in first few turn, i can put the map in and build a unity version to try it.

if anyone could help making this map and testing it in unity - would be awesome! thanks!

daniel
TntAttack

Re: Help needed: Testers for triggers

Post by TntAttack »

Interested however...

It may be too complicated for me.

If you are fine with letting some people (like me) play around with it but I can't guarantee any of the conditions you mentioned above e.g. all conditions and triggers on one map.

Sighs. Yea maybe it's better for the map editor veterans to do this.
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:25 am hi!

I have a pre-pre beta version that can be tested in some aspects.

This case "triggers": we have many many trigger options now i have tested only 4-5 types (works fine)
but there should be a pre-made map (only for these unity tests) where ALL triggers (condition and effects) are used in first few turn, i can put the map in and build a unity version to try it.

if anyone could help making this map and testing it in unity - would be awesome! thanks!

daniel
Making a small pre-made map with ALL TRIGGER is not difficult...I can do it. BUT I don't have time to test unity version.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

even the map would be awesome! thanks!
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:15 am even the map would be awesome! thanks!
Which kind of map I make? 2 options.
1. Only for testing. (~ a week to make)
~ looks very Ugly. (Only for testing, not for public, none playability)
~ Easier for you to check.

2. For testing & public. (~ a Month to make)
~ Playable(just looks like a campaign map).
~ DIFFICULT for you to check. (Need to refer trigger editor several times).

Which one would you prefer?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: Help needed: Testing triggers

Post by Stratego (dev) »

version 1 definitely: but i hoped will not take a week - i hope will not take that much! but i would very appreciate it!
thanks!
tamtam12345

Post by tamtam12345 »

Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:44 pm version 1 definitely: but i hoped will not take a week - i hope will not take that much! but i would very appreciate it!
thanks!
70% finished.
Not difficult, but also not easy.......Have few questions on triggers.(in android)
1. After I CLEAR ALL buildibles, why I can't ADD back All buildibles by using "Add all buildables" eff?
2. Not sure "Cond: GAME difficulty is EASY/Hard" works or not. Looks not work for me.

Btw, could you bold Cond&eff in trigger help?
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

By the way could u add another trigger condition, like condition is trigger no. Nr is still activated/not activated, checks if that trigger already activated or not,

may b 2 conditions, one activate this trigger if the trigger in the condition was already activated, the other activate this trigger if the trigger in the condition was not activated yet
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

tamtam12345 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:14 am
Stratego (dev) wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:44 pm version 1 definitely: but i hoped will not take a week - i hope will not take that much! but i would very appreciate it!
thanks!
70% finished.
Not difficult, but also not easy.......Have few questions on triggers.(in android)
1. After I CLEAR ALL buildibles, why I can't ADD back All buildibles by using "Add all buildables" eff?
2. Not sure "Cond: GAME difficulty is EASY/Hard" works or not. Looks not work for me.

Btw, could you bold Cond&eff in trigger help?
awesome! thanks!

clear all/add all: you mean the "Eff: Add all default buildables for Player1" ? if you want to add the defaults dont call the "clear" prior - maybe i should write it in description if it is missing in it - i will check. So basically you can start with Clear OR Adding defaults not both.
easy/hard: it is "check" meaning, check what mode the game was started in (easy or hard) how it is not working? eg. it returns always true regardless how you started the game?
"bold" : sure! but can you give me example exactly what would you bold?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

godOfKings wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:10 am By the way could u add another trigger condition, like condition is trigger no. Nr is still activated/not activated, checks if that trigger already activated or not,

may b 2 conditions, one activate this trigger if the trigger in the condition was already activated, the other activate this trigger if the trigger in the condition was not activated yet
sure i can i thought we have some already - i will check.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

No there is only the effect for activating or deactivating triggers but there is no condition such that a trigger will check if another already activated before activating
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

wait you can use them in the other way:
so if in A trigger you want to check that if B is active - you can instead activate A trigger during the execution of trigger B.

i think this is the way it was planned to use them.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i dont want sound greedy, but i am just finished converting the "terrain affects" logics, so if you could use some terrains that affect unit stats (eg. wood on infantry) than i could also test them with your map.

but naturally can be different map too.

(howeveri found a "bug" on terrain affects, as on map loadup the terrain do NOT affect the unit only if that unit moved on that terrain (so will not give + armor onloadup)

but we can ttest it by moving that unit into that terrain.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wat about how aura affects stats on load up? I think there was sone bug on aura stat changes on load up even in the current engine version

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Not sure what u mean but as i know in game they are ok. They can only have issues on testing a draft map.

If not good, please try and if fails please open a separate topic for it. Thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

The trigger testmap is awesome! thank you so much! uding it i have fixed several problems so far!

Return to “Unity version workbench”