Civilization Age

godOfKings

Re: Civilization Age

Post by godOfKings »

How about make the rock hurler slightly muscular, make it carry a big sack behind filled with stones, that way it will not look weird wen it is moving, right now, it will look like a pile of stones just floating next to it like a ghost as it moves from 1 tile to another
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Hyuhjhih
Location: Earth, (the part of blue ball and is named India for some reasons)

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Actually, stones as a potential weapon for throwing is planned for the third tier ie, Oldowans. How about removing the rock pile and muscling up like a troll rock hurler #
Badnorth wrote: ↑Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:05 am He doesn't look that old. Probably give him a staff and a beard to make him look like the elderly. Team Color on some parts at the staff would work well.
A staff wont be practical with this image, as he is carrying the herbs and fruits with both his arms. I made him Grey and the mentioned beard. Hope i didn't made it weird again.

Wierd, the deleted attachment Bomadic is sticking around as bady mentioned earlier.
Attachments
Nomadic Elder by Hyuhjhih alpha 3.png
Nomadic Elder by Hyuhjhih alpha 3.png (1.22 KiB) Viewed 2514 times
Bomadic Elder by Hyuhjhih alpha 3.png
Bomadic Elder by Hyuhjhih alpha 3.png (1.28 KiB) Viewed 2514 times
Ref: Alexander's rock hurler troll
Ref: Alexander's rock hurler troll
Giant Rock Hurler reskin.png (24.81 KiB) Viewed 2514 times
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

AoC discord server is up AoC
Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Looks good enough. And i didn't know he was holding herbs or something. I thought of it as a rock with blue stuff on it.
For newcomers, click here for discord links. Hopefully they aren't expired.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Badnorth wrote: ↑Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:37 pm thought of it as a rock with blue stuff on it.

😬 glad i gave it description unlike others. πŸ€“ i got know other choices , maybe next time I will lable it "herbs and fruits for sale " 🀣
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Design leader of the variants Age of Gods and Age Of Civilization, and live heartedly contributing to AoS.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Yeah
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Snake Tamer

Desc: Why is this apeman carrying a vine rope. Wait a minute... Ah!! Its a poisonous snake....

A unit with poison effect. Nomadic tribes captured snakes for meat , skin twines , and as a weapon for paralyzing predators.
Attachments
Nomadic Snake Hunter by Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png
Nomadic Snake Hunter by Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png (1.33 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
Last edited by Hyuhjhih on Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Didn't look like a snake to me until u said that it is a snake hunter. Also, weird feet and left leg.

You can take the AoF Snake as a reference to improve that snake of yours. Also, you can add an animation of the snake showing it's tongue every 2 frames. About broken left leg and weird feet, it should be an easy fix.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Wat about snake tamer since he can tame and control snakes for his own use, looking at all these ideas i feel reluctant to see them disappear after each passing era...
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

I think u should start making separate forums with sub forums for each era unit and structure

Era can b made this way:
tech: to era 2 requires (some tech names from era 1)
tech: (some tech names from era 2) requires tech: to era 2

U can also change tech name to how ever u wish

Aof has some upgrades requiring multiple techs so u can ask them out for better understanding

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I was waiting for stratego's response if he is interested in this. So later i could ask permission for a separate forum. @Stratego (dev)
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

godOfKings wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:46 am Wat about snake tamer since he can tame and control snakes for his own use, looking at all these ideas i feel reluctant to see them disappear after each passing era...
Hmm, yeah. A snake tamer sounds nice.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

πŸ‘
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

can somone summarize the idea please in one post? thanks!
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Like this?
Attachments
Nomadic Snake Hunter by Hyuhjhih Alpha 2.png
Nomadic Snake Hunter by Hyuhjhih Alpha 2.png (2.49 KiB) Viewed 2356 times
Nomadic Snake Hunter by Hyuhjhih Alpha 2.gif
Nomadic Snake Hunter by Hyuhjhih Alpha 2.gif (3.69 KiB) Viewed 2356 times
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:44 pm can somone summarize the idea please in one post? thanks!
Tkns for response πŸ˜ƒ
Hyuhjhih wrote: ↑Thu May 27, 2021 6:11 am Yes, the battle of human foes from the very past till very present. The first civilization of the world , the Mesopotamian(Sumerian) Civilization all the way through the several centuries of past of other civilizations and is now on our hands, the android era's Cybernetic civilization and towards the upcoming Robotic and Extra terrestrial civilizations. This is the Age Of Civilization!!!
Based on the board game Age of Civilization,
The game consist of several factions, progress through certain tiers , generally speaking its a battle between several community members within each era of Civilization.
Hyuhjhih wrote: ↑Thu May 27, 2021 12:21 pmTHIS DIRECTS TO THE MAIN LAYOUT OF THE FACTION
The faction should be preset (by map setup) for all players in a maps in order to correct the inequality between different eras.

Done, no other requirements of coding apart from currently available scripts.😊

The initials are planned to complete atleast 2 factions to imply.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Badnorth

Post by Badnorth »

Hyuhjhih wrote: ↑Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:15 amLike this?
Yeah, like that.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

still not sure what is the idea, i understood this, am i right?

- this is a new alternative of the game
- there are no nations/races in this alternative OR there can be some different "civs" like egyiptian, mezopotamian and such and they will haev different units in all eras eg. im moders eras too.
- it start from some ancient era (pre-AOS)
- it goes tru other all eras in history (AOS era, AOD era, AOW era AOMW era)
- and ends in future fictive eras (up go like in AOG or further)
- CODE: from coding you mentioned something about preset civilisations or something that i could not understand. - if u mean all players should start in same civilisations (that can be used by ERA techs as in AOW) than the solution is a global era selector on game setup screen (so all players start in same era)

The idea little seems to me like the "War Selection" game on steam, is that the idea?
however in that game already was little weird unit speeds and range mixes (eg. a modern gun range vs ancient era, foot unit speeds vs motorized units)
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

I'll make it more clear through your assumptions.

- yes it is a new variant which take in account of different historical evidence of Civilizations.

- the races/nations/factions are termed as Era and the different tiers like n<elite<master etc .. are termed as nomads<sangoans<..etc..... But era is not chosen by player but set by the host via map setup so all players in a match have to use units under the same era.

-what i meant is that, due to lack of contributors till now, the major part must be done by me. lag in time. As a solution, it is planned to make 2 eras at beginning and later eras can be implemented via updates.

-not strictly , but may depend upon several units, events and factors of AoS and AoWw etc.. which are relevant for each eras(also might need ref images from them like the ashigaru, petard, viking ships etc) but, we have enough time to reach that point of development .

-yes, the final eras would be futuristic ones.

- Code: as i mentioned earlier, the era is preset by match host, so, all it needs is a slot for selection of era in map setup. Its just that much.

I am not sure about war selection, but from the ref i could find, it is inspired from Age of Empires so do our Ao games in a way. So, it may sound somewhat similar in approach.
But not as you say about the inequality of the units, all units playable in an era will be correctly balanced in all aspects.

This variant will be solely based on Age of Civilizations the board game.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i am still not sure i understand: can i advance a new ERA in a running game?
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Not to eras. But can advance into other civilizations within the era trough various researches.

Saying an example, referring AoF for better explanation

Era implies different races like orcs, elves etc, but is not chosen by player, but the match host. So all players in a match are equally balanced and prepared.

Civilizations implies different tiers like normal, elite and later master. These can be achieved through researches as usual.

Hope it's clear 😊
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

so to put it simple way: you want to merge AOS / AOD / AOW / AOMW / AOG?

and with a selector on game launch you can sleect which era (AOS/AOD/AOW...) you play - and within eras in one game you can advance "civilisation level"-s but not stepping out of the era to another era - right?
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

So I hope everything is clear to you except "ERA".

Let me explain as best as i can do.

The era is not considered the AoS era , AoWW era AoD era and all. Actually, it have nothing in common to these variants. Except, a few units and events which is part of relevant history .

The data, references and resources available is mostly contributed by a colleague (from another department , i already mentioned him above , JAMES CLEMENT ANDREW PhD. ) of me. One of the best i know in this field. And he would join forums for further help once if the beta is released for this game ever. So i could use a separate variant forum then.

So, based on the initial planning, the layout is already made.
ERA
CIVILIZATIONS
  • events

STONE AGE
NOMADS
SANGOANS
OLDOWANS
LEVALOSSIANS

METAL AGE
CHALCOLITHIC -> TIN
BRONZE
IRON

MIDDLE AGE
*the civs are not planned yet.
Events:
  • Welsh wars, Christianisation
  • Cavalry,infantry, bows, long bows, Coin Systems
  • Gunpowder, firearms, cannons, siege, fortifications
  • Mercenaries,Swiss arms, persian arms, elite wing
  • Trade, espionage, diplomacy, alliance
  • Ottoman, Byzantine, Black Army, Islamic Cultures, Mississippian Cultures

EARLY MODERN/ CLASSICAL ERA
*civs are not planned yet
Events:
  • revolution, trade, Conquest, age of Discovery, mercantilism
  • Aztec,inca, maya, .........
  • Slave trade, genocide
  • Gun powder, industrialization
  • Edo,Ming,Mughal,Nanban,Mamoyama
  • Feudalism,Crusades protestantism, commerce, emergence of science and technology

Modern Age
*civs are not planned yet
Events:
Wars, powers
INDUSTRIAL AGE
MACHINE AGE
ATOMIC AGE
SPACE AGE
INFORMATION AGE
EXTRATERRESTRIAL AGE

For the first two, i have already prepared a clear cut draft, and done researches, so all it remains is jsoning, balancing ,and sprites. And for middle ages, i am currently working on research and development of them, in my break time, especially these weeks time since i am explicitly free due to my rest period allowed to heal my broken legπŸ€•.

So, please let me know whether you are interested in continuing this project.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Leg fix
Attachments
Nomadic Snake Hunter by Hyuhjhih Alpha 2.png
Nomadic Snake Hunter by Hyuhjhih Alpha 2.png (2.51 KiB) Viewed 2279 times
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Tree caves/ Trunk caves

Image Image
Is the concept,
Attachments
Trunk Cave By Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png
Trunk Cave By Hyuhjhih Alpha 1.png (7.78 KiB) Viewed 2277 times
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

A bit lighter trunk
Attachments
Trunk Cave By Hyuhjhih Alpha 2.png
Trunk Cave By Hyuhjhih Alpha 2.png (7.94 KiB) Viewed 2275 times
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Hyuhjhih wrote: ↑Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:01 am So I hope everything is clear to you except "ERA".

Let me explain as best as i can do.

So, please let me know whether you are interested in continuing this project.
sorry but i still not get the idea.
- I referred AOS/AOD/AOW as "themes/eras" not literally these games and its units. so the 1000BC-1500 AD years the 1500-1800 AD years and so on.
- you are mixing ERA and AGE namings also makes me confusion.
- you have mixed things in event soo - so i could not place events in my thought.

please simply write me what will be in game in a nutshell like this (extend update my text if not corrext)
The idea:
- there are ERA-s (timeframes within a launched game and usable units)
- there are AGE-s these are indistry levels within an ERA
- there are CIVILIZATIONS selectable in ech ERA.
- on game launch the ERA is selected and in that created game only that ERA is playable, can not "advance" to a new era.
- ther are also "EVENT"-s ?!? i have no idea what are events lol :) - are these only campaigns ideas? or these are the AGE-es within ERA-s? i also saw "civ" like things listed like aztecs under events - so i have no idea what are "events" exactly...

The buildup of eras and ages and units:
Stone ERA
- nations: nation1 nation2 (please name them here)
- AGE-s: tech lv1 tech lv2 (please name them here)
- units types: unit type 1, unit type 2,unit type 3 (please name a few here)
METAL ERA
- nations: nation3 nation4 (please name them here)
- AGE-s: tech lv3 tech lv4 (please name them here)

and so on for all ERA-s ....

am i right with the alignment? or i still dont get it?
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

Partly correct. I went in a simple way, but you looked at it in a more sophisticated manner.

Ok, i will follow up from here.
Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 am you are mixing ERA and AGE namings also makes me confusion.
The Era and Age is the same thing. The generalized word is given Era. Ie, stone age consist of 3 different so called ages like paleolithic, mesolithic, neolithic, but we are representing them as civilizations like nomadic,sangoans,oldowans etc.. under the general Era called Stone Age. There is no distinct "Age" term in layout, just it has the "age " in the word representing Era.
Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 am you have mixed things in event soo - so i could not place events in my thought.
The events are key points to be noted while planning the civilizations in the era, in a chronological order. They are given under eras, which i haven't yet made a distinct order of civs. And yes, they also relate to the different campaign ideas to be implemented. The repeated events are to be considered in making civs as advanced than previous ones. Like, the middle age gunpowder is just blowing up explosives , and later made firearms, cannons etc. But, the gun powder in classical era represents advanced arms like development of pistols, shotgun, fuses and dynamites , nitroglycerin, C-4 etc..
Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 am The idea:
- there are AGE-s these are indistry levels within an ERA
- on game launch the ERA is selected and in that created game only that ERA is playable, can not "advance" to a new era.
- ther are also "EVENT"-s ?!? i have no idea what are events lol - are these only campaigns ideas? or these are the AGE-es within ERA-s? i also saw "civ" like things listed like aztecs under events - so i have no idea what are "events" exactly...
- yes, Eras act as faction, but not chosen by players, but set by match setup, so all players in a match can match in same era and can produce equally balanced units(for example, orc vs orc matches). It limits the buildables in a game.
- ages are the same thing as eras. Its just distict names of generalised eras.
- not selectable, but researchable. The game starts from the basic ones. Eg, research nomadic fighter to sangoan fighter, nomadic elder to sangoan elder,... and once all the researches required is met, the units attain the new looks of sangoans, plus, adds more buildables apart from nomadics buildable list.
- yes. Its right. All players in the current match is limited to produce units under that era.
-no,no,no... No events. As mentioned above, they are just ideas about organizing the civilizations pending eras. Also, they are ideas involved in the campaign making.
I am surfing really hard to complete the middle ages layout now. The civs (aztec, mayan ...) are actually the idea of proposed civs(i hope the civs defined above is clear)
Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 am The buildup of eras and ages and units:
Stone ERA
- AGE-s: tech lv1 tech lv2 (please name them here)
METAL ERA
- AGE-s: tech lv3 tech lv4 (please name them here)
Stone Age (1st Era)
-not nations, its tiers. Nomadic -> Sangoans -> Oldowans -> Lavoloissians (the basic units is nomadic UNIT, basic techs are to sangoan UNIT like to sangoan fighter , etc. Once , the required techs are met, ie, all 'to sangoan UNIT' techs, the build list updates the respective units to its sangoan variant , plus, adds new units to buildables. )
-
  • Nomadic fighter -> sangoan fighter -> Oldawan fighter + Oldowan hunter -> Levolossian fighter + Levolossian hunter + Levolossian Defender
  • Nomadic elder -> Sangoan elder -> oldowan elder -> lavoloissian chief + lavoloissian shaman
Metal Age (2nd Era)
- Chalcolithic (copper) -> Tin -> Bronze - Iron
-
  • Copper sword warrior-> Tin sword warrior-> Bronze sword warrior....
  • Copper hammer wielder -> Tin hamm... -> Bronze...
Currently these are the completed layout eras. Others are tagged to be work in progress

Hope its clear now 😊
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

now i am further confiused:

please write it in ONE Block of text as i did not as inline answers (as i felt contradictions)
- first the basics like defining terms (era/age/tier and their roles in game)
- after making the age/era based things with examples

as i did: like here (please correct it in this same form):
The definitions of the idea:
- there are ERA-s (timeframes within a launched game by game creator and usable units)

The buildup of eras and units and techs:
Stone ERA
- techs can be invented: tech1 tech2(please name a few here - bot level up/tiering techs and others)
METAL ERA
- techs can be invented: tech1 tech2(please name a few here - bot level up/tiering techs and others)

maybe that will show the meaning if the idea (for me) - now i feel a big mees in my head about the idea - sorry.
Hyuhjhih

Post by Hyuhjhih »

πŸ˜•
Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 am you are mixing ERA and AGE namings also makes me confusion.
The Era and Age is the same thing. The generalized word is given Era. .........
....... There is no distinct Age term in layout, just it has the age in the word representing Era.
Stratego (dev) wrote: ↑Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:58 am you have mixed things in event soo - so i could not place events in my thought.
Hyuhjhih wrote: ↑Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:32 pm The events are key points to be noted while planning the civilizations in the era, in a chronological order. They are given under eras, which i haven't yet made a distinct order of civs. And yes, they also relate to the different campaign ideas to be implemented. The repeated events are to be considered in making civs as advanced than previous ones. Like, the middle age gunpowder is just blowing up explosives , and later made firearms, cannons etc. But, the gun powder in classical era represents advanced arms like development of pistols, shotgun, fuses and dynamites , nitroglycerin, C-4 etc..

This cannot shorten further with the same explanation. But i did highlighted the quick look.
The idea:
yes, Eras act as faction, but not chosen by players, but set by match setup, so all players in a match can match in same era and can produce equally balanced units(for example, orc vs orc matches). It limits the buildables in a game.
-
there are AGE-s these are indistry levels within an ERA
ages are the same thing as eras. Its just distict names of generalised eras. The paleolithic,mesolithic, neolithic ages are represented by the general era named Stone age.
-
there are CIVILIZATIONS selectable in ech ERA.
not selectable, but researchable. The game starts from the basic ones. Eg, research nomadic fighter to sangoan fighter, nomadic elder to sangoan elder,... and once all the researches required is met, the units attain the new looks of sangoans, plus, adds more buildables apart from nomadics buildable list.
-
on game launch the ERA is selected and in that created game only that ERA is playable, can not "advance" to a new era.
yes. Its right. All players in the current match is limited to produce units under the specific era
ther are also "EVENT"-s ?!? i have no idea what are events lol - are these only campaigns ideas? or these are the AGE-es within ERA-s? i also saw "civ" like things listed like aztecs under events - so i have no idea what are "events" exactly...
no,no,no... No events. As mentioned above, they are just ideas about organizing the civilizations in pending eras. Also, they are ideas involved in the campaign making.
I am surfing really hard to complete the middle ages layout now. The civs (aztec, mayan ...) are actually the idea of proposed civs(i hope the civs defined above is clear)
The buildup of eras and ages and units:
Stone ERA
- units types: unit type 1, unit type 2,unit type 3 (please name a few here)......
Stone Age (1st Era)
-not nations, its tiers. Nomadic -> Sangoans -> Oldowans -> Lavoloissians (the basic units is nomadic UNIT, basic techs are to sangoan UNIT like to sangoan fighter , etc. Once , the required techs are met, ie, all 'to sangoan UNIT' techs, the build list updates the respective units to its sangoan variant , plus, adds new units to buildables. )
-
  • Nomadic fighter -> sangoan fighter -> Oldawan fighter + Oldowan hunter -> Levolossian fighter + Levolossian hunter + Levolossian Defender
  • Nomadic elder -> Sangoan elder -> oldowan elder -> lavoloissian chief + lavoloissian shaman
Metal Age (2nd Era)
- Chalcolithic (copper) -> Tin -> Bronze - Iron
-
  • Copper sword warrior-> Tin sword warrior-> Bronze sword warrior....
  • Copper hammer wielder -> Tin hamm... -> Bronze...
I haven't completed civs under other eras. I am working on it to get it under order.
LIE = Love Is Eternal.

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

we need a single text to have it clear - i try to collect into one text for you that i know atm:
(i have not used the the To Sangoan fighter & To Sangoan monk techs to be ALL invented idea as there will be many many units those can push up the the required techs to 10-20 techs - overcomplicates it - so i suggested them as
ALTERNATIVE 1: one eg. To Sangoan tech (i wrote this below),
ALTERNATIVE 2: or it can be a few like To Sangonan melee and To Sangoan Ranged and To Sangoan Siege and such techs - that either upgrade all melee / ranged units if invented, and eg. next (eg. To Oldowan Ranged) ones can only be started if all Sangoans are invented.
)

The definitions of the idea:
- there are ERA-s (timeframes within a launched game by game creator and by this defines the usable units)
- there are NOT NAtions/races (like in AOW/AOF) this game has on ly one nation/race like in AOS.
- units/buildings can be upgraded within the given ERA, by a few Civilisation Techs (like Industry levels in AOW)

The buildup of eras and units and techs:
Stone ERA
- civilisation techs can be invented: Nomadic(default) -> Sangoans -> Oldowans -> Lavoloissians
- units types:
------> Nomadic fighter -> sangoan fighter -> Oldawan fighter -> Lavoloissians fighter (they upgrade when civ tech is invented)
------> Nomadic elder -> Sangoan elder -> oldowan elder -> lavoloissian shaman (they upgrade when civ tech is invented)
METAL ERA
- civilisation techs can be invented: Chalcolithic (copper) -> Tin -> Bronze - Iron
- units types:
------> Copper sword warrior-> Tin sword warrior-> Bronze sword warrior (they upgrade when civ tech is invented)
------> Copper hammer wielder -> Tin hammer wielder-> Bronze hammer wielder (they upgrade when civ tech is invented)

Return to β€œGeneral discussions”